Our mission

New to fragging

I've been lurking for awhile, and want to get more involved. I have some nice Monti's, setosa, appleberry that I can probably frag and submit to DBTC. I have read about "pico sized" frags, but since I don't have any experience fragging at all, well except for accidental fragging, I was wondering if I could maybe get someone more experienced to frag my corals out to submit. My setosa actually has a few nodules that have branched out since the plug is fully encrusted, I guess I can break those off? They would be small frags, like 3/8-1/2".

montifragspots.jpg

Be careful fragging setosa. My experience is that it can be a little sensitive. the one on the left looks like it is pretty close. Not sure if I would mess with the 2 on the right just yet.

Thanks, I will wait for it to grow out a little more. For some reason, this coral grows pretty fast in my system. I've had it for 2 months and all those nodules have grown ourward from the original plug, I can actually notice a difference from where its begun to encrust the rock its on. This is the same frag from 9/21

new056.jpg

So maybe I'll wait a couple more weeks and have a decent frag to give away

If you come to the meeting on Saturday you'll get a primer on fragging using shears, tile saws, dremels, etc. including different mounting schemes.

Plus, there will be some free coral there ;)

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4778.msg58138#msg58138 date=1223586416]
If you come to the meeting on Saturday you'll get a primer on fragging using shears, tile saws, dremels, etc. including different mounting schemes.

Plus, there will be some free coral there ;)

I wish, in my business, weekends off are few and too far between...

[/quote]

Back