Neptune Aquatics

Nothing better than spending the first day of the year

in the Emergcy room ::) ..

I had some shelffish last night. I guess I allergic to it. 20 minutes later my face got really hot and it turn red. 30 mintues I started to have rash on my arms. I called 911 and they show up 4 minutes later. At that time my whole body had rash. I started to feel really hot outside but freezing my ass off inside. I also having a little bit hard time breathing. It's funny that they ask me if I was to go to the hospital. They said you seem to be fine. Just take some Benadryl and you should be fine. I told them I feel like shit and want to go to the hospital.
On the Ambulance, I felt like I want to throw up and my body was shaking uncontrollable. The guy gave me some IV and medicine. Got to the hospital and they gave me a ton more of stuff. I felt hella weak at that time and my whole body kept shaking. They said it's ok. It just because the allergic reaction. I shaked for 2 hours and thing got better. I left the hospital around 11:30.
When I felt better I remember my fish tank at home. The light should be on now and the fan is not on. I was so worry that the tank is cooking at home. Luck when I got home, it was only 83 :D ...

What a day... No more that kind of shelffish for me :D

Sometimes the cold brings on a suspectibility to an allergic reaction, at least that's what I think. My mom is allergic to something, and it only happens when it's hella cold outside - asthma only then.

Sorry buddy! It's really scary when you are wheezing and itchy all at the same time.

Cold and other winter type conditions do bring out a lot of conditions, heart, allergic, etc.

Glad your OK Phong :)

If I may ask, what kind of shellfish was it, and do you eat seafood much?

I had a reaction to novacaine last year, and went into convulsions in the Dentists chair. The ambulance came, but I refused transport. Regardless to say, the dentist lost ALL his customers in the waiting room that day. I think the Dr and Nurse screaming, ambulance and fire truck was a little much for them :lol:

THanks guys.. I'm ok now except I still have the hiccup (part of allergic reaction..what my doctor said).

I had some snails in cocconut sauce :D . Lucky I picked the hospital instead of staying home. They had to gave me 4 different kinds of medicine to help me out.

Oh.. I eat shelfish all the time. I love seafood :D ..

ooh, sorry to hear about your reaction. If the IV contained epinephrine (adrenaline) it makes you very weak and shaky. I know the feeling; I'm allergic to nuts. The way allergies work, is that you have to have been previously exposed to the protein, and often the proteins make their way into your system through small perforations in your intestine (leaky gut) and your blood cells recognize it as an invader and create antibodies. This is why each successive exposure is worse. You're going to have to be extremely careful in the future. You should be carrying an epipen injection at all times now, in case you accidentally ingest shellfish again. Hope you're feeling better, and Happy New Year!

Hey Darcy,
Welcome back! And congrats on the marriage :)

Hey Phong - this allergy thing is really no joke - I'm severely allergic to nuts also - it's a wonder I can work on the BAR BOD ;-) Have to carry the Epipen so I can stab myself when I think I'm about to die.

And it also turns out that my 1 year old son is allergic to milk of all things! So just like daddy, he now has his own EpiPen jr! What is the world coming to!

That is funny darcitananda ;D

I've been married for 7 years now :D ..

Yeah, the allergy thing is suck. Right now I'm still not sure what exactly that I allergic to cause I ate so much stuff. Whatever it is I will try to stay away from them all just to be sure :- :'( ..

Dave. I outgrew my milk allergy, hopefully your little tike will do the same :)

Man, sorry you had to go through that Phong, especially on New Years day.

darcitananda - how are you breaking records for being married for only 1.5 yrs? I've been with my wife for 16yrs now - makes me question what's the avg. marriage yrs in SF.. ???

[quote author=capescuba link=topic=1587.msg14297#msg14297 date=1168034101]
Fingers crossed - Doctors reckon it's fairly common to grow out of it by 3-5 years old ... :)
[/quote]

Heck, mine lasted half a year when I was 4. It came on like a freight train, and left just as quickly :) They were baffled :D

allergies can be pretty scarey, i'm glad you went to the hospital. better safe than sorry.

I'm basically allergic to everything in the world. Sometimes it's so bad that I can't even breath (my entire windpipe swells up and my lungs constrict and I weeze like crazy).

careful with those shellfish =X

i love seafood too, yummm!

btw, I'm allergic to watermelon (and all melons actually). And now soymilk (because I think I drank too much).

of course if I get cat dander in my eye, I go blind for a week =X

glad you're ok phong =)

Back