got ethical husbandry?

OK, Anemone newbie question

kinetic

Supporting Member
I hate to ask these things, but I'm an anemone newbie. I have this BTA I bought from Atlantis, it's about 3-4" in diameter, and looks super healthy to me. Foot isn't damaged, grabs onto the rocks well, i don't know what sticky is really sticky for the nem, but seems OK? Anyway, the nem quickly crawled deep into a hole in my rock scape, and gets almost zero light in there. Looks OK though from what I can see, no bleaching, no guts, just in there.

I'm pretty sure the Anemone will come out? Given water params are OK and all that good stuff? Or do I need to pull it out of the rock and introduce it somewhere else?

If all is well, it should either reach out for light, or walk itself out of the hole. I had an anemone that behaved just like yours is, and it is A-Okay :)

My RBTA will stay put for a few weeks then packs it up and moves to the opposite side of the tank, stinging eveyrthing in it's path. What a brute! That's why I use so much epoxy putty: moving zoa coloneys, favias and ricordeas out of harms way.

As attractive as it is, it's starting to rub me the wrong way when it gets the wander-lust. It has dissapeared a couple times to the interior of the reef only to re-emerge a day later. It does gravitate toward the strongest light source "usually".

John

Back