Kessil

old fart

I started dong tanks about 30 years ago, when I was 10, so do the math, hence, I am an old fart now. Started with freshies, did pretty good with some African cichlid’s, then had my kids.

Now leds' are on the forefront, and cash is somewhat tight, I am going to try a pico IQ3 (yes, I know they are still similar in $$ when all said and done, but the wife doesn’t need to know this :) . I saw some dudes tank from South Africa, so I was bit. I got an IQ3 and I got 2 of the led lights, and I plan on getting a blue one. This is an AIO setup. I am going to run it in my cube @ work so "soothe" myself in my crazy job. I have a couple friends that have tanks, so I am hoping to get some frags from them.

I am expecting the tank on Monday (YEAEHHH). I can do the step by step if anyone is interested. I LOVE the idea of doing frag swaps. Obviously, I dont have alot of real estate, so I have to be very selective, and I am a bit ignorant to what I can put in such a small space. I wanted to put a clown fish in, but I read lots of stuff as this fish needs a bit more space, and would maybe grow to large.

I would LOVE to hear anyone's opinion, types of corals to put in, what ever. I am going to do a DIY for fresh water top-off as such a small space is going to be "fun" to say the least.

I have a friend that is going to give me some live sand to start, and I will get some live rock going soon. I will start the cycle process once I get all the plumbing going. I am not even sure if I am going to do a sump or I guess they call them something different now. I know, more water, more stability.

Again, I plan on going to the next meeting, whenever that is (still have not read that yet). And I am trying to figure out when I get access denied to the frag site.

Look forward to hearing from everyone.

welcome!
BTW
If your an old fart, I'm a really old fart.
I worked at Pier 1 in the fish dept. when I was in high school back on 1980.
Do the math!
I feel pretty good after beating up on a bunch of thirty somethings in my street hockey game today! LOL

Welcome from an OLDER fart! The next meeting is a BOD meeting on the second Sat of Jan at Chabot College. BOD meetings are open to all members.

Back