got ethical husbandry?

OT: Was going to install an HDTV on the wall until I saw this....

Here is the wall I was going to mount it on:
IMG_6074.JPG

So I get out my stud finder, electrical wire detector, level thing and try to find the studs. Whilst trying to find the studs the little light indicating electrical wires or current was going berserk. I'm tripping out thinking this thing is broken, until I look directly behind where I am going to mount the TV and see this:

IMG_6073.JPG

Thoughts? There is no way in hell I am going to attempt to install the mount now, do you think a professional place would do it? How would they figure out where all the wires are?

I suspect they wouldn't want to do it, and it may be a code violation. I myself would be worried about interference from it.

Yea, looks like a wall mount is out of the picture. I didn't even think of the interference, I can't imagine what kind of noise the main line(s) going into the breaker box would introduce into the audio/video.

You could mount a wood doubler plate and attach the doubler to the studs in wall thus avoid hitting wires on the inside walls. Then mount your wall mount to double plate.

You could certainly test the TV in the location you want it in to check for interference. If that isn't a problem, you may need to find someone who is comfortable cutting open the wall, installing the mount, and doing the drywall repair, though. It just depends on how badly you want it there. I'm sure it can be done as long as interference isn't a problem.

Ron

well what I would do in this situation is mount a pole from the ceiling and attach the mount to the pole and your done. quick easy and no problems. I've worked in audio visual for over 7 years now for commercial and 25 million dollar plus custom built homes. Are you talking about Ocean Treasures? cause if you are I'm surprised Derek did not ask me to do it cause I would do it for free and I have spare mounts of all sorts. well thats one option I have in mind, but hey what do I know. LOL. Personally I would put it somewhere else, but if thats where they want it just pole mount it. It's your safest bet.

Back