got ethical husbandry?

Phosphates Low but Chaeto is dying

You can have a beautiful reef tank that puts others to shame if you put enough money and time into it, which you certainly do. And clearly you are very passionate and knowledgeable. That doesn’t mean you know everything about the science and that your advice is unquestionable (none of us are in that category).

Just like how a model can be beautiful and thin without understanding the science of human biology and metabolism. When they give advice on what supplements to use and a science jargon explanation it is still worth being skeptical. Having her show amazing pictures of herself in a bikini doesn’t prove that her favorite supplement is the best.

If you don’t agree with my approach in my tank that’s fine, and quite frankly not unexpected. But to me the science and logic are more important/interesting than the actual tank, so when I see something written on our forum that I think doesn’t do the science justice I sometimes try to contribute what I think. It’s not personal, and I’m fine with being wrong if I am. That’s how I learn.
Omg come on man. Why you making it personal. Am not shaming anyone.
We are having an argument thats all..

I said its not compatible, you immediately said it is

I disagree and showed a link from redsea.

you say red sea meant something else and telling me real world is different. So I am taking your side of the argument and saying let's examine real world results.

Also if I may add, recommending carbon and chaetos, i think, is more expensive than carbon alone. I am willing to back this with data as well

I was not trying to shame you or anyone. I was just defending my original statement that you disagrees with immediately.

If this argument hurt your feelings I am sorry. chill John I respect you alot:)

Last edited:
Omg come on man. Why you making it personal. Am not shaming anyone.
We are having an argument thats all..

I said its not compatible, you immediately said it is

I disagree and showed a link from redsea.

you say red sea meant something else and telling me real world is different. So I am taking your side of the argument and saying let's examine real world results.

Also if I may add, recommending carbon and chaetos, i think, is more expensive than carbon alone. I am willing to back this with data as well

I was not trying to shame you or anyone. I was just defending my original statement that you disagrees with immediately.

If this argument hurt your feelings I am sorry. chill John I respect you alot:)
No offense Omar, but I think you made it personal when you challenged John to compare tanks, as if that would be some kind of final decider. Why stop there, how about compare bank accounts, that will really show who is top boss.

No offense Omar, but I think you made it personal when you challenged John to compare tanks, as if that would be some kind of final decider. Why stop there, how about compare bank accounts, that will really show who is top boss.
I respect what you think but disagree with it.
I gave an advice, to someone who is saying chaetos are dying in my tank and stating that his nutrients is high already and was thinking of carbon dosing plus gfo. I warned the OP that carbon dosing paired with gfo will bring down nutrients quick and chaetos will struggle more.

John disagreed with it strongly, i justified why the advice was given and showed my data, then i took his response to heart when he was calling real world and suggested we compare 2 methods in real life, mainly because i have no idea what kind of reef John runs. I do not think I ever seen his reef.

Thats it.

Oh and then you jumped in;)

I cannot believe we are talking about money and shaming here, not one bit relevant.

As I said i moved on, my goal was to help the OP.

No offense taken btw.

Last edited:
Back