got ethical husbandry?

powder blue and red Favia

That cleaner shrimp is why it's the more challenging one! I used to love those shrimp, peaceful, active.... then when you try to spot feed.. they rip it right out of the corals... I don't care what anyone says about "feed them first" they are pigs and will go after food if they can.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3328.msg40792#msg40792 date=1208373716]
That cleaner shrimp is why it's the more challenging one! I used to love those shrimp, peaceful, active.... then when you try to spot feed.. they rip it right out of the corals... I don't care what anyone says about "feed them first" they are pigs and will go after food if they can.
[/quote]

Yep, the only time I don't have to shoo them away is around their molting.

Mine has a couple of tubes that I think are algae sticking up about a centimeter from the surface. Levi, I see some in your pic. That is just some odd algae, right?

So far this guy is doing well. Colored up a little and is seemingly happy. Just posting for record to see how he turns out :-D
IMG_2472%20copy.jpg

IMG_2464%20copy.jpg

Gomer, how do you kill the worms? I used a pair of needle nose pliers and picked off the ones I saw, but they appear to me making a comeback already.

I have 2 frags of these available. I'll try and take some pics of them later this week. If I have more than 2 takers (like that'll happen) I'll put your names in a hat and let me kids pick them :)

Sure thing. Mine have been on my sand the whole time so they haven't colored up much but they filled out nicely. I'll see if I can snap some pictures tonight.

It seems to take on a more powder blue color, and has lost some of the red that it had when I first rescued it. Mine got snuffed by the Orange Crush, in the great "take out half the tank" sweeper episode.

They got testicles!

"He put his testicles all over me"
"Wha?"
"You know like octopus"
"ooooh... N-T... big difference."

Finally got around to uploading a post fragging pic. I am holding 1 for Sam (bluenassarius) but I still have 1 more available.

faviabluered3.jpg

Back