High Tide Aquatics

Prizm Chalice

prizmchalice.jpg

:O

FWIW it's not a chalice. It's only named taht way as it looks like a cross between a Prizm favia and a PPE Chalice.

http://www.juicycorals.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=90

and it is probably one of those corals which looks amazing with lots of actinic + top down, but once you look at it through the glass, the "WOOOW" factor is dialed way down :(

Richard (Mobile Aquatics) IIRC sold it to him and Richard will be at BAYMAC :)

Like how they say no actinics or anything... and if you look at the frags at the bottom... you can see those are the ones with no actinics, the main colony photo at the top is blue lighted to hell and back.

sfsuphysics said:
Like how they say no actinics or anything... and if you look at the frags at the bottom... you can see those are the ones with no actinics, the main colony photo at the top is blue lighted to hell and back.
+1 makes me wonder what it really looks like.....

Gomer said:
and it is probably one of those corals which looks amazing with lots of actinic + top down, but once you look at it through the glass, the "WOOOW" factor is dialed way down :(

+1

I was looking at this "chalice" last night and thinking the exact same thing. I wouldn't spend that kind of money without seeing it in person first.

That coral came from Clint (diamonds in the reef) a while back. I had it in my cart but didn't pull the trigger lol. It lasted on his site for a fair amount of time. The colony was 300 at the time.

iani said:
That coral came from Clint (diamonds in the reef) a while back. I had it in my cart but didn't pull the trigger lol. It lasted on his site for a fair amount of time. The colony was 300 at the time.
Wow... 300 then, now they're pawning it off at 350 per frag (2 eye).

Back