Kessil

PSA: heatwave and pge shutdown

I use a inkbird controlled large honeywell desktop fan and Westinghouse 2200W inverter generator. Let’s hope my AC doesn’t go out so I require the use of either.

Last edited:
Yup, just upgraded my fan. crud...hope it doesn't blackout this weekend.

Tested generator two weeks ago when neighborhood had a blackout.

Last edited:
PGE and Tesla have been working on something interesting- Coordinated use of people’s personal Powerwalls (opt-in) to act as a distributed virtual power plant for peak use times when the grid is strained. They‘ve used it a few times, including yesterday around dinner time and another planned for today around then. Hopefully it can help to reduce the number of rolling blackouts we might otherwise experience. Also much better for the environment to draw on stored energy at those times than to have to use the dirtier peaker plants.

But yeah, everyone also needs to have a backup plan.

Man.... the ETA for the power coming back up went from 7:00 to 8:15 now it's 2:00 am. I'm not sure how long my bubbler is going to suffice.... Any chance I could borrow a generator/battery from someone? Idk how things will do if it goes through the night....

Well-we found last week that the aquarium was not on the solar circuit during last power outage. That was rectified.
See how well solar and solar battery does this time

I think solar is the way to go. I just built a 9k system to run my aquarium. All off grid. So sun is my friend. Lol.
I still haven't been able to go solar. I was about to then my AC took a crap and I need to get that repaired first. Anyone here know any good hvac people?

I still haven't been able to go solar. I was about to then my AC took a crap and I need to get that repaired first. Anyone here know any good hvac people?
I’m not a hvac guy but it’s pretty simple. Just like a car. You can get all the stuff you need from Amazon or harbor freight. It’s only about 100 dollars or so.

Back