Reef nutrition

Red Sea Wave 25 connection issues

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
I recently decided to upgrade to a Red Sea Wave 25 pump for my tank. I can't seem to get the pump to connect to my wifi network. I tried various suggestions and troubleshooting per the manual instructions, but no luck. Anyone have any experience with these pumps? Suggestions? Currently waiting on customer service.

Gerry

I haven’t had much luck with reef beat when i tried setting it up on my android device...somehow it was missing a step after i had connected directly to the reef wave.

setting it up on iOs was painless though

I setup a 45 and had no issues. In the end, I decided to control it manually because their app is awful. The pump, however, is great.

I think I had to reset mine a couple of times. After it got connected to wifi and updated the firmware, the connection worked much better.

I setup a 45 and had no issues. In the end, I decided to control it manually because their app is awful. The pump, however, is great.
I agree. The app is not great. I may just go manual too. I also really wish you could set a minimum power on wave mode. You can set the max, but I wish you could also set a min.

Can you review the manual control process?
I was looking for alternate flow control, but can't seem to get it right. I only get flow in one direction when I follow the instructions in the manual.

Gerry

Can you review the manual control process?
I was looking for alternate flow control, but can't seem to get it right. I only get flow in one direction when I follow the instructions in the manual.

Gerry
Ya I haven't been able to get it to flow in forward and reverse in manual or app either. Only one or the other

It’s a very tricky sequence of button presses that I don’t remember but is in the manual. I followed that and it worked for me. But backward flow is almost nothing.

Back