Kessil

Replacing suction cups with magnets?

So i have an older powerhead that just won't stick to the tank anymore. I'm looking to replace the old suction cups with magnets to fix this problem. I've read somewhere (may have been in this forum) that DIY'ing an epoxy coated neodymium magnet to replace the suction cup works great, but i was wondering if anyone knows of a product that is specifically for replacing them old suction cups with magnets? I don't mind DIY'ing a magnet unto my powerhead but if there's a plug and play replacement out there then that would be a lot better :)

As Mike states, the E6000 is an excellent adhesive. Bonding plexiglass to glass for sump? That does the trick, Need a brick and steel as a solid piece? E6000
There is UV stable E6000 plus available in different colors.
@jepoy , what kind of power heads?

Also, the aquatop powerheads are cheap and work pretty well.

This got me looking thru amazon for a new power head, there are actually a bunch that only cost a couple of dollars more than the magnets. I think I'll just buy a new one with a magnet already included lol. Thanks for the wisdom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As Mike states, the E6000 is an excellent adhesive. Bonding plexiglass to glass for sump? That does the trick, Need a brick and steel as a solid piece? E6000
There is UV stable E6000 plus available in different colors.
@jepoy , what kind of power heads?

To be honest I haven't bothered to check its make and model. It's ancient and came with the tank when I inherited it from my sister who used to reef years ago. I think I'm better off investing in new ones and using the old one for salt mixing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back