Neptune Aquatics

RO/DI Outflow Color Tips

MikiCab

Supporting Member
I 3D printed these out for my RO/DI system to easily identify the RO/DI water from the waste water. I use the waste water for my garden.
I made them a little big so they are weighted down but then I decide to put clamp at the top of the bucket.
Green is RO/DI
Red is waste.
Let me know what you think

Attachments

• rodi tips.jpg
    rodi tips.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 67
Neat. I have a permanent mixing station set up with two 65 gallon containers. So something like this isn't really needed. I have my waste line ran out to my orange tree in my backyard. Since I've done that the oranges are amazing.

Neat. I have a permanent mixing station set up with two 65 gallon containers. So something like this isn't really needed. I have my waste line ran out to my orange tree in my backyard. Since I've done that the oranges are amazing.
Is the fruits safe to consume since it’s mostly concentrated wasted product?

+1 on using waste for the garden. We store waste in 100g container with a spigot and hose attachment. My brother uses it in his fresh water planted tanks as well.

I do the same.Water all the house plants, garden, etc with the waste water. I generate so much of it seems a waste to send down the drain.

I got a few other things I have printed for my tanks. Bracket for AI Blade Lights, Bracket for heater. Working on a few other things for the tank

Attachments

• IMG_2328.jpg
    IMG_2328.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2348.jpg
    IMG_2348.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 47
What printer do you have?
Prusa MK3s+. Bought it the second day it came out. There maybe better printers our now but back then Prusa was cutting edge for home printers. Plus they stand behind their products. I have had 2 issues where they have shipped me parts free of charge and even years later they still do troubleshooting if I need it. Cannot say enough good things about Prusa Support.

Y'all making me feel really bad about still having my waste line dumping into my drain. I was going to run it outside my house, but my only options are run it outside right next to my house dumping onto my driveway, or run an ugly ass line across my driveway into my yard/garden, or pull up a bunch of pavers in the driveway and make a mini trench and ....

So I'm a bad person and just have it drain into a bucket in my sink, which just overflows because I'm too lazy to dump the bucket into my yard/garden manually........................

Y'all making me feel really bad about still having my waste line dumping into my drain. I was going to run it outside my house, but my only options are run it outside right next to my house dumping onto my driveway, or run an ugly ass line across my driveway into my yard/garden, or pull up a bunch of pavers in the driveway and make a mini trench and ....

So I'm a bad person and just have it drain into a bucket in my sink, which just overflows because I'm too lazy to dump the bucket into my yard/garden manually........................
I've run 1/4 line in the cracks of driveways and sidewalks to get across them. Might be an option for you>?

I use my waste ro to fill my fresh water tank, and water my garden. Then that tank water goes to my plants too. The plants love the fish poop water. Granted I keep lots of snails to grow the minerals into shells. I'll probably do the same here in Vegas.

I have my RODI under a bathroom sink. Been trying to figure a way I can store the water in the same room and use it to refill the toilet for flushing. Without making it look like an eyesore is the problem.

I have my RODI under a bathroom sink. Been trying to figure a way I can store the water in the same room and use it to refill the toilet for flushing. Without making it look like an eyesore is the problem.
We all do the shower bucket thing here when waiting for the water to heat up. I know some people have a rainwater collection system they do so maybe that would work for them too. But I honestly just have it plumbed into the sink drain for ease.

Annual disinfections? I’ve only had my RODI for 3 months but hadn’t heard I need to disinfect it.
If you’re not drinking it I wouldn’t worry. I haven’t ever done it but only use mine for aquariums.
I’ve been planning to start running the cold water supply for my clothes washing machine from waste water container but haven’t gotten to it.

I hope you're using something with a high glass transition temp for the light clips.
ABS. They use that in Car interiors so it is plenty heat resistant. I also use it in my dishwasher with no problems to replace the broken Utensil Basket. That Utensil basket is over $100 for a Samsung Dishwasher. I designed in it a couple of hours and printed it in a day with about $3 in ABS plastic. Dishwashers get to around 145F. I also have two other filaments that have even hotter temps, ASA and Polycarbonate which has insanely hot temp over 300F. If the light is getting over 300F then I have a bigger problem like the house is on fire.
d6.jpg

Back