Jestersix

Seeking Tiny Skimmer Experience

MolaMola

Supporting Member
I received a 22 gallon long tank that I think will make a beautiful combination nano reef and natural style frag tank. I am thinking about getting a nifty all-in-one box to create an overflow, media compartments, and hold a tiny skimmer and heater. I have read that the Aquatic Life 115 and MAME skimmers will fit in. Any experience with these? My primary concerns for a skimmer are that it does NOT need a lot of tweaking (will be at a school not home) and is pretty quiet. The tank is only 12" tall so skimmer must also be short. I have only found a few reviews of the Aquatic Life and it sounds like it could require a lot of attention.

I didn't see any dimensions listed but it looks like it's designed to be installed at the end of the tank making it Peninsula style.

Depending on the size of the skimmer chamber, you might be able to fit a Tunze nano skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oceanboxdesigns stuff are sexy. There is not a whole lot of wiggle room with that kit if you want to put the lid on. You could always run HoB skimmer? But that would ruin the compact look.

I'll find out if the Tunze will fit. You can install the box peninsula style or along a long wall. Will also check height of some HOB because they have to be short.
Thanks!

if you do water changes on a light bio load - no need for skimmer on that tank. Filter feeders help to. Clams if you got strong lighting

CLAM! I've never had a clam - great idea. I'll have to see how powerful my lighting turns out to be. Hmm... no skimmer at all. Now that would definitely be the quietest option. I know you are successful with no skimmer. And I could always add a skimmer later if I felt like it.

Back