Jestersix

Setting up a personal PayPal account

Hi All,

So I'm in the process of buying a used boat from private party and was thinking it sure would be easier to use PayPal then try to get all that money into my checking account. What are the transaction fees in doing a sale like this? Any tips in setting up a PayPal account?

Thanks!

Josh

Are you buying or selling??

You can send as much as you want per month with the free acct but you can only accept up to $500 per month. There is no fee for that acct and you can't accept CC payment. The premium acct allow you to accept CC payment but they charge you like 3% or 4% each time you accept $. There is no fee to transfer the $ from you paypal to your checking but take a whole week to transfer. If you are buying, use CC for payment. If anything goes wrong, you can work with the CC company to get the $ back. Paypal customer service suck big time if you are not buying stuff from Ebay.

Phong that is incorrect. With a personal account you can accept as much money as you would like (bank transfers). You can only accept 5 credit card payments per year or 500 per year from credit cards (which ever comes first). I also think the charge now on credit card transactions is almost 5 percent.

When I had the free acct, it wouldn't let me accept more than $500 a month and no CC payment unless they change the rule. I had to upgraded the acct to premiun. Ask Arnold.. I think he has the free acct too for the Spectrapure GB :) ..

Damn they increase the fee for CC now.. 3-4% was a lot already.. greedy bastard..

That's weird. I had a personal acct before and it didn't let me accept more than $500 per month. I had to upgrade to premium acct to accept it. The payment was from checking acct too.. >:( ..

It's still at $500 per month for personal unless you lift the $500 limit by doing 2 of the 3 things:

1) Confirm your social security number.
2) Confirm a bank account.
3) Link and confirm your debit or credit card account.

I know since I have yet to do it; also have a personal and a premium account.

Back