Kessil

Shoud I return his money?

[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=6438.msg82636#msg82636 date=1235069942]
Wow, I think from now on, if I sell some piece of equipment, I'll videotape it working, then videotape me packing it in the box it will be sent in. Just to avoid this kind of thing!

V
[/quote]

My friends Plumbing company videos every single pipe after they install it. The siders & rockers come in after the plumbers and screw/nail the pipes which leak, create mold, and the home owner sues the builder and plumber. With video they can show the pipes where nail free when they plumbed the building.

I've taken pictures of stuff I am shipping and even how I packed it just for insurance reasons alone.

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=6438.msg82637#msg82637 date=1235070184]
Or just buy/ sell within the BAR member community. I would never use the RC community or Craigslist for any reef-related items. Too many flakes and scammers.
[/quote]

I agree for the most part on the RC community... Craigslist is not so bad though IMO. You go onsite to see what you're buying... even test it out if you want and make an informed decision.

Are you kidding? CL is worse!

I once drove for like an hour because some guy was selling a 50 gallon Starfire Glass tank for some good price. WHen I got there ... it was a 55 gallon acrylic tank. He's like "Uh, I dunno, my brother left it in my storage and said I could sell it, I don't know anything about aquariums"... I'm thinking "Oh really, and yet you used the word 'Starfire glass' which you pulled out of your butt then?"

Anyway, I bought it because I had driven all that way at NON STARFIRE prices, then sold it to BammBamm who gave it to his girlfriend!

And don't even mention the number of times that you spent waiting for someone to come "check out" something and they never show up or call back ever again.

V

[quote author=drdoolittle link=topic=6438.msg82641#msg82641 date=1235070482]
I think this is a wash.. and should just let it go. The guy is rattling an empty can, trying to get something new out of something that is used. If he wanted warrantee, he should have just bought it new. This is part of the risk we take by buying something used and without seeing it working first hand.
[/quote]
I still think he had a bit of buyer's remorse since he made a few posts about the MSX250, and realized it was cheaper.

But yeah CL is flakes list, try to give something away for free, they want pictures, they want you to hold it for them until they can get around to picking it up, they want you to call them back on your dime to arrange a pick up. Piss off, it's on the sidewalk with the word FREE on it, if you don't see it, then someone beat you to it.

Piss off, it's on the sidewalk with the word FREE on it, if you don't see it, then someone beat you to it.

:lol: :D My sentiments exactly :D

[quote author=Vincerama2 link=topic=6438.msg82672#msg82672 date=1235074911]
Are you kidding? CL is worse!

I once drove for like an hour because some guy was selling a 50 gallon Starfire Glass tank for some good price. WHen I got there ... it was a 55 gallon acrylic tank. He's like "Uh, I dunno, my brother left it in my storage and said I could sell it, I don't know anything about aquariums"... I'm thinking "Oh really, and yet you used the word 'Starfire glass' which you pulled out of your butt then?"

Anyway, I bought it because I had driven all that way at NON STARFIRE prices, then sold it to BammBamm who gave it to his girlfriend!

And don't even mention the number of times that you spent waiting for someone to come "check out" something and they never show up or call back ever again.

V

[/quote]

That's your experience... I don't discount it.... hasn't been mine though.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=6438.msg82690#msg82690 date=1235076684]
[quote author=drdoolittle link=topic=6438.msg82641#msg82641 date=1235070482]
I think this is a wash.. and should just let it go. The guy is rattling an empty can, trying to get something new out of something that is used. If he wanted warrantee, he should have just bought it new. This is part of the risk we take by buying something used and without seeing it working first hand.
[/quote]
I still think he had a bit of buyer's remorse since he made a few posts about the MSX250, and realized it was cheaper.

But yeah CL is flakes list, try to give something away for free, they want pictures, they want you to hold it for them until they can get around to picking it up, they want you to call them back on your dime to arrange a pick up. Piss off, it's on the sidewalk with the word FREE on it, if you don't see it, then someone beat you to it.
[/quote]

I've never given away or asked for anything for free on craigslist so can't speak to that. I have scored great deals over the years though and have gotten cash for the junk in my garage so I can only give it a thumbs up. For instance.... all the LR I have in my possession right now (about 180 pounds) was got on craiglist for less than 50 cents a pound. Would of cost me a ton at LFS prices.

A dumb friend of mine was giving away like 100 magazines for FREE. Somehow the guy convinced my friend to DELIVER the FREE magazines. He smacks his head when he thinks of this...putting them in the recycler was mych easier ... ah well!

V

1st thing I would do is ask the Mods to delete the thread which is obviously slander, RC won't permit members talking that way about their sponsers and should regarding a long standing member.

When you made the sale did you offer a money back offer? If not then I would not return his money. If you feel like being nice then I would tell him that if he would like to send it back and reimbuse you for your orginal shipping you will return 70% of his money as he obviously broke it, and in order to sell it you need the 30% to repair it, if however the skimmer works when you recive it, you will return his money

i saw what he wrote, completely uncalled for. especially with all the people backin u up. he cant use it oh well. this isnt a grocery store, u buy, its urs. maybe had he taken the proper steps i could sympathize with him. i bought somethin off RC a guy said would work with a smaller pump, well it didnt, and its mine now. i didnt try to get my money back. can u make a return to a garage sale? no.

Yar, no reason at all at this point to return his money or even talk to him again. He seems to want someone to make everything work for him without him doing anything. Plus - he modded the pumps already so you can't give him his money back.

If you do decide to, make him ask RC to remove the thread as a condition of you giving his money back.

However, I don't think that thread reflects badly on you at all and regardless, it will disappear really soon.

Man, I was just away from RC for 3days so I was not able to response to his last 2 PM's fast enough. He could have just called me by phone if he can't reach me by PM.

Back