High Tide Aquatics

T-Rex Cafe Fish Tank Bursts

One of the comments in the youtube video I saw claimed to be a worker there and said the Tanked guys built it, but I dunno they're basically the Rainforest Cafe with dinosaurs, don't think that was exactly a "themed" tank which they like to do. Although if they're anything like the Rainforest Cafe quite a few of those fish will probably be dead within the month and in need for fresh replacements!

Ugh, OK, I recall why I stopped posting here. I removed it just for you since I don't feel such a petty issue needs a source cited.

I'll gladly cite scientific sources when needed, but for a petty news article, MEH!

Ugh, OK, I recall why I stopped posting here. I removed it just for you since I don't feel such a petty issue needs a source cited.

I'll gladly cite scientific sources when needed, but for a petty news article, MEH!

That's funny. You think it's a petty issue. Doesn't look like a $10 petco tank. Bet the restaurant or actual manufacturer doesn't consider it petty. It might effect the reputation and future business of the companies involved.

Here is a fun (albeit confusing) writeup:
http://www.cflas.org/aquarium-at-t-rex-restaurant-in-downtown-disney-breaks/

As near as I can tell from the net:
Biscayne Group did the design, and provided water and other services
Poseidon Construction did the reef insert inside
ATM installed the tank and built stand and some other parts.
But Reynolds Polymer Technology was to one to actually fabricate the acrylic tank itself.
(Note that some or all could have the same owners)

BUT: Since Baymac is well connected in the industry, I would consider him a very good source on this as well.

I am not to sure you and I have ever spoken a single word to each other. I thought maybe there was an article somewhere that had it laid out. o_O

That's funny. You think it's a petty issue. Doesn't look like a $10 petco tank. Bet the restaurant or actual manufacturer doesn't consider it petty. It might effect the reputation and future business of the companies involved.

The petty issue is internet talk about someone elses problem, not the problem itself.

Pretty sure NO ONE in this thread has a dog in the fight so to speak, eh? Probably not.

Every tank manufacturer has tanks that blow out, shit happens. Will it effect them, probably not as its not the first time and I bet you haven't head of the other times :lol:

I am not to sure you and I have ever spoken a single word to each other. I thought maybe there was an article somewhere that had it laid out. o_O

Not, probably haven't and you yourself are not why I said that... the "source" comment was. I'd gladly cite scientific sources, but reef drama no one here has any connection to isn't something I will cite my source.

Anyone here done business with ATM, WaterDog, Reynolds, etc? I have ;)

Looks like they found a solution for a tank that doesn't hold water: stick a light inside and wrap it with a cheap vinyl decal:

C878143B-8B6B-4C87-8115-52DDB8278E8C_zpshmegerjq.jpg

Well if Disney knows how to do anything, it's class up the place by not showing you something that's "under repair/refurbishment" :D Last I went to Disney World at least a half dozen buildings down Main Street at scrims facades that while was obvious, it was a lot classier than seeing scaffolding :D

Back