Jestersix

T5 HO Light Fixture suggestions wanted

Dan

Looking for opinions on a good manufacturer for AT5 HO fixture.

As much as i want LED fixtures my budget only allows me to stick with t5 lights.

The light will be for new 120 gallon tank 48x24x24 not sure what corals ill be be using but lets assume they will need the best par possible. Im thinking that the fixture will be using at least 8, 54 watt bulbs 10 at most (opinions on 8 or 10 bulb fixtures also wanted)

here are some of the fixtures i am considering with a budget around $400-$500ish

48 Inch 8x54W Sunlight Supply Tek Elite Light High Output Fluorescent Lighting Fixture

the nova extreme only has 6 bulbs though and not sure if it will be enough. one review said that the par readings on the 6 bulb nova extreme was 30% more than then 8 bulb sunlight supply elite fixture shown above...
48 inch Current USA 6x54W Nova Extreme Pro T5HO 3-10k/3-460nm Actinics

The ATI lights look super sweet but get expensive and are just out of my budget range
48" 8x54W SunPower T5 High-Output Fixture

48" 8x54W Dimmable Powermodule T5 High-Output Fixture

10 bulbs!! 48" 10x54W Powermodule T5 High-Output Fixture

If i had the money i would love this combo T5 LED fixture but then again if i had this kind of money i might as well go with all LED lights...

The new model GENESIS T5 8x54w T5 + 3 LED Module

older model GALAXY T5 120

Sfiligoi Genesis T5 hybrid fixture features RGB LED integration

Thanks for your help all i greatly appreciate you opinions

Dan,

I would stick with the TEK fixture or one of the ATI fixtures, if you require a fixture. I cant speak for the last 3 you mentioned, as I have never owned any of those models.
Also, any of the retrofit kits would work equally well. 8 bulbs will be plenty, and will reduce your heat and electricity costs.

Good luck

i have a bran new ice cap ballast here on the floor for 4 t5 lights. if i did a retro fit i would be have way there i would get the Vue660 — a new electronic ballast

by the time i got all the parts i would be close to the price if a fixture already built

how would i gang the retro kit if i dont have a canopy?

8 bulbs is plenty, maybe buy 2 reefbrites now, and then 2 more later when you wouldve replaces the bulbs? If you want led that would
Be an affordable way to get it done...

I use 2 ati power modules that have 8 x 39 watt t5s over my 240 and I love these fixtures. They look the nicest IMO. They output some serious light. If you have the money I would do the ati power modules

I have a used 48 Inch 8x54W Sunlight Supply Tek Elite Light High Output Fluorescent Lighting Fixture (silver) if your looking for a deal. I'll let it go for a steal :)

gresham AT reef nutrition DOT com

You'll find I have a LOT of gear laying around and most is not from upgrading. I've worked in the reef industry for over a decade and stuff just piles up job after job :) The light I bought from Mermaid when they were taking down the store. It works fine, all 8. Not going to post the price, email me... greshamATreefnutritionDOTcom

Back