Cali Kid Corals

Tank mover?

Hello cab anyone recommend someone to move a 90g tank? I'm going to buy Winfields 90g tank but with my bad back I am limited to 30lb lifting. So I don't even want to risk doing it myself. I have access to a large van if need be.

I'm definitely willing to pay for the move. It would be from Mountain View to Cupertino.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hey Tyler, congrats! What a great tank! Really nice looking stand, too. We were totally considering buying it for our house but need to remodel a room first. I wonder if Neptune Aquatics could do it or recommend people? Local and definitely experienced and it seems like tank moving is no big deal for people with experience.

Hey Tyler, congrats! What a great tank! Really nice looking stand, too. We were totally considering buying it for our house but need to remodel a room first. I wonder if Neptune Aquatics could do it or recommend people? Local and definitely experienced and it seems like tank moving is no big deal for people with experience.
Hey I did contact Neptune and they don't do tank moves. I contacted a maintenance company, AquaLab, and they will do tank moves but I was quoted $350-$500 to move a tank this size. I'll have to call some movers to see what they'd charge, but given posted rates of $120-150/hr I'm thinking that is probably about the going rate.

Well that is a pain Tyler. I thought some people there would totally do it after hours for a fee. Hopefully south bay people will have info to offer.

It would be completely empty for the move. If you're willing to help, I'd really appreciate it. The move would be from Mountain View to Cupertino. I'd be more than happy to recover cost for gas/time, and provide move-time eats.

Euod and Coral Reefer have graciously offered to help so far. Did we want to aim to do this on Saturday? Do we feel 2 lifters are enough? Is a dolley useful?

Thanks!

If you have two good lifters (I'd offer to help too, but just had surgery) you might consider just hiring one or two day laborers. I managed an apartment building for many years over on the Peninsula and used day labor dozens of times. I NEVER found a bad worker or someone that wasn't careful. So if you just need a few strong backs and have someone to direct them it'll run you $12.00 an hour for each worker ($15.00 if you want to be fair.) Then I usually toss in $20.00 for lunch. Met some really great workers with great stories that way as well.

Big thanks to folks who've offered to help. This should be a super easy move on the pickup, you should be able to put the van right outside our front door so maybe 20 feet and no stairs.

I've started a PM thread with those who offered to help. I'm hoping we can figure out a weekend time as that works best for wpeterson. Really really appreciate it. This is one of the many reasons I love this club so much; so many friendly people willing to help eachother out!

Thanks all! I think we should be good. I will be sure to post pics of the final result. Man I hate being gimpy. Just sliding my existing tank across the kitchen was enough to remind me I had big back surgery a year ago.

One time, I went to Home Depot and hire two worker who stand in the parking lot of any Home Depot to move a 125g tank. I pay them $40/person for 1.5hrs of work to help me move the tank that I bought on CL.

Back