Kessil

Tank update

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Can't believe how far this little tank has come! Almost to the one year mark with no sump or skimmer. Everything is growing and doing well. Still working on my 75g just picked up a sump and Jebao 40 wave maker. Thanks for the advice from the many I have met.

Last edited:
Believe it or not I'm using two 36" Beamswork LED's off of Ebay. I don't get very good color during the day on all of the corals especially the Zoa's, the Chalices and Monti's look pretty good but the growth I guess says it all. At night I get great color using just the blue's but haven't been able to film it yet. I posted a video of the tank on youtube, would really enjoy hearing thoughts on the tank.

I know we're just looking at pictures here, but I can definitely tell the lighting is different than the more preffered setups.

How do I get to your YouTube channel?

What coral is your oldest and for how long? I wonder if you can get more growth by upgrading your lights. You seem to have everything else working just fine.. No algae, no aptasia, no pests.

Unfortunately, I did not start keeping a written record on the tank until Nov. The tank started out as a FOWLR but I made the big mistake of buying a couple of fish from Petclub and got ich which not only claimed both host fish it also got my clown trigger. I tried treating but had shrimp and an urchin so I used a reef safe medicine and it didn't work. I left the tank with no fish for 8 weeks to rid the ich but did add a couple of Zoa's. The Zoa's were not doing well so I thought I had water problems. Turned out one of the camel shrimp had gone rogue and was picking at them during the night. So out went the shrimp and the Zoa's grew back nicely. Slowly started introducing the fish I have now and additional corals. In Nov. as everything was going well I started introducing chalices, acans and now monti's. With these new additions I have kept a written record of when added and approximate size. The torch coral was one of the first real corals I added . It had three heads when I bought it and I did lose one head. That's when I added the second light and now it's doing great. Well, that's the ruff version of my tank. You could check out the video on YouTube by just searching my name, Gene Alameda. Enjoy all input I get.

Back