Cali Kid Corals

The Dino blues

I've been fighting a Dino outbreak and I can't tell who's winning. The battle is far from over though so I wanted to get some input. I've read several posts and gather that they're not the easiest thing to get rid of.

I first noticed the problem after I had been over feeding for about a week. I had been trying out some new foods for some new coral and fish but looking back it must have been way too much.

First battle I scrubbed the rocks with a toothbrush, did about a 30% WC, and turned off the light for one day. It seemed to help but it sure didn't fix anything.

Second battle (about a week later) I scrubbed the rocks and did a 20% WC and added some Seachem PhosGuard.

Next round I plan on doing the same scrub and WC along with blacking out the tank for 2-3 days and adding GAC to the mix.

This whole time I've cut my feeding back severely and switched my lights to more blue and less white. I did read about a guy who was having success with cutting back on doing WC's but I don't think his situation matched up with mine.

Let me know what you think and please provide any insight you may have. Thanks.

Back