Reef nutrition

There was a fire...

Wow, glad it didn't get as bad as it potentially could have.

Did the pump catch fire while submerged? Or was it somewhere along the cord?

Wow, glad it didn't get as bad as it potentially could have.

Did the pump catch fire while submerged? Or was it somewhere along the cord?
Not sure of specific point of ignition but it completely melted the skimmer body...top to bottom!

Attachments

• 747BAF8C-30C7-46B8-B4B7-2B311838BD20.jpeg
    747BAF8C-30C7-46B8-B4B7-2B311838BD20.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 93
Wow. Glad you're ok and that it was contained. This is a good check to get my power strips situated better for my frag tank in my garage. It was one of those rushing to get setup and then never actually got around to tidying up as I meant to. I'm pretty far from you but if there's any way I can help I'd be more than happy to!

Hi Erin , thanks for sharing hard to imagine what you and your wife were going through during the unfortunate incident..sorry!..looks like the fire crew had a quicker response due to your wife's nose and alertness!..Feel free to reach out if you need any help
Paul

Wow. Glad you're ok and that it was contained. This is a good check to get my power strips situated better for my frag tank in my garage. It was one of those rushing to get setup and then never actually got around to tidying up as I meant to. I'm pretty far from you but if there's any way I can help I'd be more than happy to!
Yes, mind your power strips, but they were NOT to cause in this case.

Hi Erin , thanks for sharing hard to imagine what you and your wife were going through during the unfortunate incident..sorry!..looks like the fire crew had a quicker response due to your wife's nose and alertness!..Feel free to reach out if you need any help
Paul
Fire department didn’t do anything but see that I had put out the flames. Fortunately it was me doing the spraying. The FD would have been way more broad with their aim and I could have lost livestock.

So today begins the loss and damage assessment.
Any words from those that have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a fire and the insurance company?

Thanks to y’all for all the concern and kind words

I wouldn’t be surprised if the insurance company tries to get out of it either because of the outdoor structure or the increased hazard of the numerous tanks/equipment. Probably worth rereading your policy so you can counter their arguments on their terms.

Back