Cali Kid Corals

thinking of selling off my large tank - looking for potential buyer

kvosstra

Supporting Member
...This is a sad day, even my wife (who does not love the tanks said so!). So...It's time to sell the large tank.
With my wife being pregnant and that we are considering a move in the next 4-6 months. I will help any buyer move the entire tank, set-up, etc. I dont have a car to move this though - but I would suggest a small/medium uhaul to move everything.

ALL my SPS colonies are in quarantine right now, some, but not all tested positive for AEFW< so I decided to kill the bastards off. Thus, the buyer will get all my SPS colonies free of parasites.

The tank is 48x36x24, 3/8 acrylic with two large cutouts - left side overflow. There are two returns in the back - since its acrylic you can change it as you see - the holes are easy to seal if needed.
Custom sump by Gen at Kritter tanks fits below the tank and has space for a very large skimmer.

Skimmer is a MSX 300 - its big - that's great!
Return is a dart gold - less than a year old
the sump contains a 40 gallon refugium, I feed it with the water from the reactors.
Top off is through a tunze osmolator.
Geo Kalk reactor
Geo Calcium reacto 818 I believe.
1/3 HP chiller
ranco dual temp controller
2 or 3 media reactors as well.

Lighting is a 10x54 ATI powermodule AND a 4x54 Powermodule. You could easily take the 4 bulb off the tank for use on another tank

There are 2 mp40's - I believe they are Gen 1 - and 1 extra wetside.
there are 4 Tunze 6101 and 2 7095's.
finally there is a single tunze wavebox

There is about 250 pounds + of live rock - many of the rocks are fully encrusted with large montipora colonies and or zoanthids
I have removed all SPS clonies from their rocks, so you will be able to freely mount these as you see fit.

Computer is a Neptune ACIII - dc8, dc4hd, aquasurf, 5 bulb moonlight

Fish are:
2 yellow tangs
adult chevron tang
15 apagon leptacantus - awesome shoal of fish! (this is a stunning set of fish!)
4 bangaii cardinals - large mature adults, at least 2 have paired off
doliatus rabbit fish
leopard wrasse
large adult pair of claikii clowns, will consider adding my pair of picasso's, onxy, etc. to sweeten the deal.

other:
Snails, hermits, 6 rose anenomes, 2 large ultra crocea clams, 4 large blue maxima clams.

Corals:
too many to list...seriously, I can come up with a list if you want to know, but It will include at least 20 very large SPS colonies -
Briefly off the top of my head - I really have only purchased or traded for the nicest color corals...I guess that makes me a "named coral whore," but so what! (LOL!!!!)
oregon tort - recently RTN - so now its 4 small colonies - each about 4"
ca tort - 8"
ATL cherry bomb milli 12"
palmers blue milli 8-10"
blue clover (over 12")
steve elias stag - 6"
pink lemonade (largest colony I've ever seen - you can make 50+ 1" frags off this colony alone!)
Setosa - size of a dinner plate
sunset monti
superman monti
rainbow monti
tyree war coral
tyree martian moon
bazooka joe chalice
20K lokani
surf N' turf
ice fire echinata
12"+ colony of leng sy cap.
tyree cyphastrea 12"
....etc.

I will consider selling all the livestock for $6000 - I would estimate that the setosa and pink lemonade alone could make 50 frags each at $50 a piece...some of the others speak for themselves

Tank/stand/computer/lights/pumps/all backup pumps, etc. For $6000

Will sell all for $10.5K.

As you all know, these are expensive toys. I think I'm into the tank for about $25K...and that was for smaller corals that I have purchased.

I'm in no rush to sell the tank - I dont expect that we will move for a number of months - but thought that this would make one fantastic Christmas present for someone! Seriously, this is all the coral, pumps, toys, etc. that you would need or want.

Some pictures
3219634038_403f8aa6b9.jpg

3218780501_a0637d658a.jpg

3218778875_320d5e57ca.jpg

3217398482_133d5f2ab8.jpg

IN this last shot, you can see the cherry bomb milli, cyphastrea colony, setosa colony, palmer's blue milli, ca tort, raspberry lemonade, ORA roscoes, blue clover, etc.

Best,

I forgot to add that I will also be selling my Spectrapure UHE system - Retails for about $1000 - I just replaced all the filters and I have a full set of resin to replace when needed as well. This thing is amazing! Makes 2 gallons of product for each 1 gallon of waste. Mine is the 100GPD unit.

This obviously has to go last, since I need it to make topoff water for all my tanks. Shoot me a message if you are intersted.

Thanks

Hey guys - let me know if you, or anyone you know would have some interest in the tank.
To add to the coral list:
Tyree bali tri color - massive colony - back right of first picture
Purple bonzai - not Garf, ATL I think
ATL raspberry lemonade
huge 8" colony of tyree m. aquitubuculata (neon green cap 1st picture)
true undata
3 different blue prostrata's
pink and blue prostrata
Berlin method red milli (this is ORA red planet)
aquarium city red milli
teal gomezi (6" - amazing blue colony with hairy polyps)
ATL chronic hairy stag - crazy hairy stag - extremely slow grower - its a fully encrusted 6" with 4 large branches 4-6"
tubs horrida
ORA chips acro
tyree soli
$500 efflo
ultimate blue stag
pink pocillapora
small colony of teal lovelli - really nice teal green color - its a more delicate stag with thin branches.
Becker Tort

Best

It's never an easy decision to sell off our tanks, but its a necessary decision - gotta slim down to one tank if we are going to move. Just not possible to move two tanks at the same time, keep my job, keep wife happy, have baby, run with dogs every blue moon, etc.

Hopefully life will sort itself out in a few years and Ill upgrade the 40 (which I'm keeping) so something seriously large!

Best,

No small surprise, but I have lots of offers for small parts! Still would absolutely prefer to sell all as one. I know its a lot of cash, but compared to what you would pay for new...its a fraction of the cost!

I couldn't agree more that being a dad will be the best present ever, however, not sure that the wife agrees with that right now - she's at about 20 weeks and is already tired of being pregnant. I feel bad for her.

One thing that I know would brighten her spirits is if I got the tank out of the house! So, still looking for some buyers. I'm willing to start listening to offers for pieces of the tank - The key is that I need the coral sold! Follwed by that, I need a buyer for the 10x54 powermodule, 4x54 powermodule, ACIII, etc. So, feel free to send me a Pm or post here if you would be interested in some of these parts.

-Kyle

maybe you should post prices for the livestock first and see if you can move that...I think it will be tough to sell the whole thing for 10k in today's economy. Good luck with the sale.

I agree Arnold - its just that once I agree to part out, there's no way to go back...

However, I know its a lot of cash - so...tonight I'm taking pictures of all the corals, lights, etc. Absent a decent offer in the next few days, Ill part everything out.

Best,
-Kyle

That is an amazing tank--bummed to see it tear down. At least you still have your smaller tank in the bedroom. That way you'll still be involved in the hobby.

Patrick

I did get the clowns from LA - I'm willing to include them in the deal to help the sale - they are a beautiful mature pair of A picasso's - they were purchased about 14 months ago.

Pictures to follow probably this weekend.

-Kyle

ok guys -

Parting out has begun and everything is for sale - Please email me at kstrache@gmail.com for more details, questions, pictures, etc.

Ill wait to sell the 10x54 powermodule until the corals are mostly sold.
48x36x24 acrylic tank - $200
custom critter tanks sump - $300
MSX 300
Neptune ACIII - DC8, DC4HD, 2 pH probes, ORP probe, wireless game adaptor - $400
Neptune 5 bulb moonlight - $75
Neptune aquasurf - $100
2 Tunze stream 6100+ 7095
tunze 6101 and 6100 + 7095

SO - all corals in the pictures are for sale - I have listed them all in the reefcentral thread.

Also, I have a breeding setup for sale - 4x10 gallon tanks, lights, plumbing etc, stand, etc. $100 for everything (pics to follow)

Gold stripe maroon clowns, black occlaris clowns, 6 rose anenome's, live rock, live sand, etc.

If you want something, please let me know - I'm likely to open up to shipping the colonies in about a week if nobody wants them here.

Thanks
-Kyle

ok folks - almost all the coral is gone -
4x54 powermodule is sold - Beginning this weekend I "should" be able to start actually breaking down the tank.
I would REALLY! prefer an offer for the whole setup - there is a lot of stuff.
I will have live rock, sand and some frags left. I'd be more than happy to set you up with a pile of frags from this tank and my small tank if you let me know in the next day or two.
all roses, clownfish, and fish are sold or pending, I will know about the rest of the colonies tomorrow.

Tank/Stand/Sump - $400
Ill post the rest in the next two days - hopefully with pictures!

-Kyle

Back