Jestersix

Tunze 5017 trouble shooting

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
Hello,
Hoping someone can help me out since I can’t figure this out online.
My tunze 5017 ATO stopped working. I tried replacing the pump but no luck.
When I turn it on and it tries to cycle I get an error code: it alternates, first all the lights flash, it beeps, and then the “low” light turns on, beeps after about two seconds and repeats.
Any ideas? Time for a new one? Unit is about 4 years old.
Gerry

Here is a link. Don’t mind the dog barking.
thumbnail grabber
  1. Check Power Supply: Ensure that the power supply to the Tunze 5017 is stable and connected properly. Sometimes, loose connections or power fluctuations can cause malfunctions.
  2. Inspect Pump: Examine the pump to see if there are any visible signs of damage or blockages. Clean the pump if necessary to remove any debris that might be hindering its performance.
  3. Verify Water Level: Make sure that the water level in the aquarium or sump is at the appropriate level for the Tunze 5017 to operate efficiently. Low water levels can cause the pump to run dry and potentially damage it.
  4. Review Settings: Check the settings on the Tunze 5017 controller to ensure that they are configured correctly. Adjust the settings as needed based on the requirements of your aquarium or filtration system.

Reach out to roger at tunze. His customer service is beyond excellent
Second this. I just send my unit for a sensor replacement a couple of weeks ago. Cost less than $30 for the fix plus shipping.

Apparently the sensor last approximately 3-5yrs. I’m just pass the 3 year mark.

Back