got ethical husbandry?

Unreleased Hydros Maven

I'd be interested in seeing how you did that. My big things is just that I have a ton of power bricks and liked the Idea of just being able to have one connection point.
Post in thread 'DC smart outlet (DIY?)' https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/dc-smart-outlet-diy.34598/post-493253

Regarding voltages, I set mine up with a single input, but you could easily do multiple, with multiple power supplies connected.

On my main tank I'm running a 24v one and a 12v. I think the kessils are 36v or something like that, so I run those separate. Most of my other electronics are plugged into these strips I made though.

Where did you see $1200 on that?
Might just be a price place holder, but we’ll find out on the 20th.

IMG_0610.jpeg

Last edited:
I will definitely buy the Mavin. I'm fully bought in on the hydros system. Everything has been really reliable besides the wifi outlets and the X10/IV alk test. I currently have the mastertronic which I wouldn't mind swapping for the Mavin, plus I'm thinking if the mastertronic is still working by Q4 it will be in need of major maintenance.

The Maven looks slick and checks all the boxes, on paper at least. There are 7 different reagent bottles and waste container in addition to the module they show, I’m curious what that all looks like.

It looks like you attach a couple of sensor probes (PH|temp) -if so- hmm-might really be able to start a slow conversion over.,

Still going to hang back and see how this new device performs in the wild in the meantime.

Def a game changer
My plan is to use the Maven as a bellwether. If I like the ecosystem/etc enough, I'll make the switch.

i will hang onto my trident and wait it out to see how it will turn out after a year or two. maybe buy a used hydro system down the road when someone is selling.

Dumb question: How would I hook up my Radions or MP40 or Reefwave to a Hydros controller?

Do I have to buy the Force Port 24v Adapter cable for $14.99 then plug it into one of the Drive ports? or plug it into one of the outlets? @derek_SR you probably know.....

Dumb question: How would I hook up my Radions or MP40 or Reefwave to a Hydros controller?

Do I have to buy the Force Port 24v Adapter cable for $14.99 then plug it into one of the Drive ports? or plug it into one of the outlets? @derek_SR you probably know.....
I just run my Vortechs on an XP8 power bar and just have the outlets work as on/off for like water change or feeding modes and have the outlets do power monitoring. They still communicate with each other through their own connections and controllers (non Mobius).

I just run my Vortechs on an XP8 power bar and just have the outlets work as on/off for like water change or feeding modes and have the outlets do power monitoring. They still communicate with each other through their own connections and controllers (non Mobius).
or get kraken, and you get get rid of some power bricks all together, this is the main reason makes me wants to switch. but another thing about this device is that i have to buy all force-port cables separately, why can't they just include all the cables needed?

Last edited:
or get kraken, and you get get rid of some power bricks all together, this is the main reason makes me wants to switch. but another thing about this device is that i have to buy all force-port cables separately, why can't they just include all the cables needed?
Ditto, getting rid of some power bricks is a big pro for me. Con is they don’t include any force port adapter cables ($15 each) included for $600. I’m creating a spreadsheet to see which system is cheaper with all of the equipment I have. I guess you have to pay to play and have the latest and greatest?
IMG_0852.jpeg

well... it's no longer about budget.. APEX system needs overhaul and new APP/design too. where hydros shine in this area, i will eventually switch over if Neptune doesn't put their shit together.

another reason i want to wait it out is hydros app isn't any better in terms of bug free and good UX. going to give it some time to iron out their app before I make my switch.

Ditto, getting rid of some power bricks is a big pro for me. Con is they don’t include any force port adapter cables ($15 each) included for $600. I’m creating a spreadsheet to see which system is cheaper with all of the equipment I have. I guess you have to pay to play and have the latest and greatest?
View attachment 55148
I don't think you can run an MP40 on the kraken since it's 36v right?

It looks like you attach a couple of sensor probes (PH|temp) -if so- hmm-might really be able to start a slow conversion over.,

Still going to hang back and see how this new device performs in the wild in the meantime.

Def a game changer

It’s a standalone controller too, is my understanding - so yeah it’ll do all the basics like monitor PH and run an ATO and such. The hydros ATO is great btw. Great way to see if you like it and want to expand like @IOnceWasLegend

I don’t have a Kraken, so I’m not sure…I’m close to buying one but I don’t have much equipment to use with it since my pumps all run on wave engine which is basically like a mini-kraken. As far as I know, MP40 only work with wave engine wirelessly so Kraken may be similar?

The fact that all hydros units act as the “brain” and can keep the system running via collective if any one unit fails is pretty awesome.

I love hydros and glad they continue to innovate so rapidly and challenge Neptune.

Last edited:
while i was researching and watching the new hydros maven, this thing came into my youtube view list

how come no one have talked about this? unless this is not for sale in the US market?

Back