Neptune Aquatics

Update Local Resources link

I hit the "Local Resources" link on the left menu and noticed there were a few things out of date. The main one that stuck out to me is that Neptune Aquatics is not listed with AG in Milpitas.

You can't just list one, what else do you see wrong? I'm sure Erin will update if you give them all at once :p

I'll help :)

delete:

New Alameda Aquatics
1423 Webster St, Alameda CA, 94501-3824
(510)995-8743
www.Trieu-Exotics.com

New Store Hours
Monday - Saturday: 12:00 Noon to 8:00 PM

Sunday: Noon to 6:00 PM

Amazon Pets
1711 Branham Lane, San Jose, CA 95118, 408 448 0453

Brian's Fish World
185 Branham Lane #4, San Jose, CA, 95136, 408-578-3474

ADD:

Neptune Aquatics
www.neptuneaquatics.com
1752 Houret Court
Milpitas, CA 95035
PHONE: 408-935-9471
EMAIL: sales@neptuneaquatics.com
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/neptuneaquatics

I'm sure there are more errors so anyone else wanna take a crack at this?

Are we only listing fish stores on that page?

FWIW, I find the following two places invaluable:

(For CO2 refills)
Carbonic Service
1920 De La Cruz Blvd
Santa Clara, CA
408-727-8835
www.carbonicservice.com

(For all kinds of plumbing parts that OSH and HD don't carry)
Ewing Irrigation
1735 Rogers Ave
San Jose, CA 95112
(408) 436-8848

Eight said:
Are we only listing fish stores on that page?

I like the idea of having more here than just fish stores... If you're a DIY'fer there are many resources you need access to when building a tank before you get to the LFS's IMO. Maybe to keep the list from becoming too long we can have the existing one specify LFS's and a new link for Local Resources with info on local places like you listed around the bay to get plumbing parts, plastics, glass, acrylic, CO2 refills etc...

I agree with Jeff that we should list other non-fish store related resources on the page as well.

Afterall, the link is called 'resources' not 'fish stores.

The BOD also agrees that Resources should include more than just LFSs. Since a few posters on this thread seem to be interested in having an updated Resources page, PixelPixi has created a new page that has more features - like being sortable. I need 2 volunteers that are interested in doing 1-2 hours of data entry.

Who's willing to step up?

I hope you lay the page out better then as it's going to get out of hand rather fast (hyperlinks at top and such). That is why we originally kept it to stores (being I'm the one who headed it up on the BOD back then) :D

It should be easy enough to change the title of the existing page to Local Fish Stores and add a new page for "Other Local Resources"... or It could be split into a North Bay Local Resources page and South Bay Local Resources page... or we can be creative with Color Type, layout and Fonts to make it read easier than it is now and keep it all on one page...

Just so you know...there was major talk of where the club reach is cut off (a broad area not limited to just SF Bay but Monterey/Salinas even). Are you going to include them as well? We have members in those areas after all :)

I can help with Santa Cruz, Scotts valley & Watsonville if you like. Monterey, Salinas and the likes I can't though.

Back