got ethical husbandry?

Wall hammer help

Max Mangolin

Supporting Member
Hey guys I need little help before is too late.
Just today my wall hammer started to melting
I moved to a spot with less flow.
Calcium 485
Alk. 7.8
Mag 1450
A841844D-9027-4F25-A182-2667A627D296.jpeg

Attachments

• 0EE31D57-097E-43F5-A19F-AEE4D67E9D8A.jpeg
    0EE31D57-097E-43F5-A19F-AEE4D67E9D8A.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 96
  • E764BFA5-C64C-4DE5-B650-2E17C80A7472.jpeg
    E764BFA5-C64C-4DE5-B650-2E17C80A7472.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 88
Mine are not touching any other hammers and they are looking good. One of them is full blown rockstar mode, the other isn't wilting but is more like a back up singer at the moment.

Bottom of tank to adjust. Also dropped a little targetted reefroids+oysterfeast every other day since the swap. Very little though.

How is the wall hammer? Perk back up?
Yesterday evening one of mine sucked in entirely to the point where all the spines were showing. But this morning it's looking good again. Maybe that total deflate is more common for wall hammers? Or maybe a crab or snail walked over it and irritated?

Hope your is perking up.
-Andrew

Mine still melting, my local lfs does not have a bandsaw, so I am going to bring a drimel from work to try to cut that of and hopefully try to save it.

Attachments

• C061EE82-22D8-4E79-A9A2-42B38E6A173C.jpeg
    C061EE82-22D8-4E79-A9A2-42B38E6A173C.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 78
Mine still melting, my local lfs does not have a bandsaw, so I am going to bring a drimel from work to try to cut that of and hopefully try to save it.
Dremel is not a great idea, it's going to heat up and kill any healthy tissue. Where are you located? The club has multiple band saws.

Also could try a last ditch KFC dip outside the tank.

I am in Reno, is the first time I’m hearing about the kfc dip, I don’t have those antibiotics, I will try doing another regular dip.

I am in Reno, is the first time I’m hearing about the kfc dip, I don’t have those antibiotics, I will try doing another regular dip.
Try grabbing Reef Primer or any other potassium salt based dip. They're a lot less harsh on fimbriaphyllia and euphyllia. Other dips like revive and coral Rx are based on botanical oils and just irritate higher organisms to jump off. Iodine may work if that's your only option as well but it can be rough.

you can check a local pet store and see if they have API EM erythromycin and try that in a pinch. I use between 100-200mg per 10g per day in a separate QT tank. Dose for at least 3 days, up to 5. Usually do a 25% water change before dosing.

you can check a local pet store and see if they have API EM erythromycin and try that in a pinch. I use between 100-200mg per 10g per day in a separate QT tank. Dose for at least 3 days, up to 5. Usually do a 25% water change before dosing.
So is chemiclean if they have that too

My local fish store didn’t even know about reef prime, did not have any potassium salt did and didn’t have api ether, I didn’t ask about chemiclean they probably have it I will try tomorrow.
I dipped in iodine and just a drop o coral Rx.
It’s a bit stressed but here is a picture.
Also I don’t think is was touching the other corals.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 74
Back