What a STUNNER

Discussion in 'The Eutrophic Zone' started by xcaret, Jun 17, 2018.

1. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Well, as a Mexican rooting for the Teutons for a looooooong time, still in awe at the upset this morning.
    Now lets watch Brasil and Switzerland hoping the underdog stings the verde-amarella!

2. Arvind

Arvind Supporting Member

Viva Mexico....
    Brazil will find their groove....

3. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

What I really don't like is three first stage games; some teams just don't find their football in such short time, some by the end of the first game know they are out, think of Russia 5, Saudi Arabia 0; I think their bags are packed already!
    Hoping the 2026 tournament will be more exciting since 48 teams will compete.

4. Arvind

Arvind Supporting Member

my team senegal draw with japan was not good. bad defense today. very erratic

5. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Good thing is the two spots for the next round are up for grabs by three teams in some groups so it means do or die; take Mexico for instance; good performance both games; up 6 points BUT they can be left out if Sweden beats them and Germany takes care of Korea; goal difference will be key. You don't count the Germans out until the ref blows the whistle. Mexico has a tough game vs Sweden; the Scandinavians know they need a win.
    Colombia did well today, setting the group for the last games too. The Englishmen had an easy game today and sets them well for the next stage.