Neptune Aquatics

What are Safe Decorative Bases for Encrusting Corals?

MolaMola

Supporting Member
While I prefer a serious looking reef, I really think my students would love a gimmicky shape of encrusting coral that our Cyphastrea meteor shower (origin: @wpeterson ) can grow over. Inspiration:

CH8vLZdXAAEoNTH.jpg While I do not want a skull, I saw this online and it is the right idea. Or maybe small ones that could live in our frag tank. I think I saw on this club website a Homer Simpson Chia pet, also the right idea. ???What materials would be safe???

If you really want to be creative, get moldable plastic and let the kids make their own shapes. Moldable plastic is the stuff brs and Amazon sells where you heat little beads and can reuse or remold by reheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I prefer a serious looking reef, I really think my students would love a gimmicky shape of encrusting coral that our Cyphastrea meteor shower (origin: @wpeterson ) can grow over. Inspiration:

View attachment 6184 While I do not want a skull, I saw this online and it is the right idea. Or maybe small ones that could live in our frag tank. I think I saw on this club website a Homer Simpson Chia pet, also the right idea. ???What materials would be safe???

JesterSix has been making a number of items, including Star Wars these. Perhaps a Darth Vader head?

Back