got ethical husbandry?

What to look for in a DJ Power Strip?

As far as breaks go, this one is tops in history... I wore the white label I was given clean down to the bone. Zero bass left on the track :lol:

[youtube]JEr4FUwMbG0[/youtube]

Erick said:
Looking at getting one for my pumps and such, what should I be looking for? Wattage? something else?
Check the orientation of the receptacles on the back of the DJ strip to make sure any timers, wall warts, or whatever can fit the way you want. Especially if you're stacking multiple DJ strips.

I was thinking of only getting one for pumps, which are always on (or all off for feeding/maintenance) , I don't need timers for them. Lighting is on timers which I've found having on a strip on the wall is more convenient to deal with.

Erick said:
I was thinking of only getting one for pumps, which are always on (or all off for feeding/maintenance) , I don't need timers for them. Lighting is on timers which I've found having on a strip on the wall is more convenient to deal with.

Timers are kind of handy for pumps when feeding. Unless you never forget to turn a pump back on.

I stole that trick from an LFS after falling asleep or forgetting one too many times. Set the timer for however long an off period you want. Crank it to off when you want to feed. Or just let the timer turn off your pump at a specific time and feed.

I think I'm a little too random for that, I usually feed the tank when I wake up, which can be at 8:30-10am on any given day weekday, and later on weekends.

I think 8 plugs is more what I need, I have two K Nanos, an MP10, and three return pumps in my tank right now.

Erick said:
I think I'm a little too random for that, I usually feed the tank when I wake up, which can be at 8:30-10am on any given day weekday, and later on weekends.
Which is the point of using the timer to automatically turn the return pump back on.

Set the timer for 23 hours on, 1 hour off.

When you feed, rotate the timer until the pump goes off. Then the timer goes back on by itself an hour later.

h20player101 said:
+1 Mr. Ugly

After forgetting over night for the 100th time...
It's extra sucky when the only heaters are in the sump, and you have the house thermostat on 64 degree night setback, haha.

Mike, that's too much temperature swing.

All the expansion and contraction will make your plumbing leak and loosen all your wiring connections :D

Mr. Ugly said:
Mike, that's too much temperature swing.

All the expansion and contraction will make your plumbing leak and loosen all your wiring connections :D

It cracks your foundation and reverses the earths magnetic field. Stop it Mike, you're creating ARCstorms!!!

Back