Our mission

Where to find Aquascaping Mortor? Emaco S110

Hey guys... hoping you can help me out. As mentioned on my current build thread I'm looking for some Emaco S110. I've used Thorite before years ago and understand that Emaco S110 is the current equivalent. I need it to assist me in my current aquascaping project for my 40. I'm either looking to buy someones leftovers from a previous project or a good place to buy some. I've called around already to a half dozen local places with no luck. Also if there is an equivalent product out there that anyone would recommend I'm all ears.

Thanks!

The BASF stuff that Marco Rocks sells is the Thorite replacement :) Several of us want some so maybe we should try to get a 50 pound sack or two?

Heck I'm in! What's the price per sack? $40-$50ish? Assuming you know the contact there to order from Gresham, or just order through the site? I wouldn't mind having some left over after my project as well for making frag mounts and what not...

It looks like they are selling this on their site...

http://www.marcorocks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=105

Not seeing the larger bags available through them.

I spoke to Marc about this a while back and he said I should look locally. I'll call a few places I know and see if I can get it (no shipping). If I can I'll bring the price back here :)

GreshamH said:
I spoke to Marc about this a while back and he said I should look locally. I'll call a few places I know and see if I can get it (no shipping). If I can I'll bring the price back here :)

Perfect! Thanks Gresh...

eldiablosrt8 said:
cool count me in as well im ordering new rock for my 120 would make life easier and safer for my fish than just stacking like it is now,LOL

Absolutely... not to mention that overhangs are really cool... :)

FYI:
I have been using Sakcrete Leak Stopper, about $1 / pound from Home Depot, for the last few weeks.
Along with the bonding fortifier.
Basically the same thing.
In fact, according to ingredients list, it might have a bit less lime, so reduced effect on PH.
Note that it has a very fast set time. Like 1.5 minutes. So expect to do tiny batches.
Seems to work well though.
Originally a recommendation from iani

I'm assuming this is what you're referring to?
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xgl/R-100350272/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

and is this the fortifier you're using?
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xgl/R-100321230/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

What do you think guys? This a viable alternative?

Sakrete concrete bonding and fortifier.
I actually had a picture in my tank thread.

EDIT :
Yes, that is it.
Looks like we posted at the same time.

rygh said:
Found the right cement at home depot. :party:

Only $28, after taxes, for 20 pounds of cement plus a gallon of additive.
Same thing would be $80 from MarcoRocks.
And I think this might even be better, due to lower limestone usage.

found it! and I enjoyed your tank thread man... good stuff. Going to pick some up tonight if the one down the street has it in stock. think I'll play with some of it and make some plugs or something just so I can get a feel for the setting time.

The BASF stuff has a little better set time (longer... but not much)

Back