Cali Kid Corals

Who has tried Masstick fish food?

Chromis

Supporting Member
I mean whose fish have tried it… I’m thinking I might still be able to lure chromis into a trap if I stick food on the inside of it.

I have tried it with picky fish years ago, and didn't find any great success with it, but it's worth a shot. Toss a garlic drop in it, and hope.

I‘ve tried it just for fun with non-picky fish. Didn’t seem to help anything and not worth the trouble at least with fish already eating fine.

That's what I first tried it with as well. Turns out all three of my pairs in the past liked TDO better than anything el
It’s amazing you got orange spot filefish to eat pellets. I think we had a discussion about their diet preferences in a past BaR meeting - I saw these filefish eating montipora polyps at Singapore aquarium.

It’s amazing you got orange spot filefish to eat pellets. I think we had a discussion about their diet preferences in a past BaR meeting - I saw these filefish eating montipora polyps at Singapore aquarium.
Sine the inception of TDO, there's been countless reports of OSFF eating TDO. Even before it was launched, there was a beta tester feeding them to his OSFF. Those same OSFF ate Masstick.

Chad shared a video of my first success with this on Reef Nutrition's website some years ago. For some reason they really take to the stuff. It worked with three different pairs I've had. It wasn't instantaneous, but it took less than a week each time. In all cases though the orange spots were paired, and housed by themselves in an established aquarium. I used to keep a pair in my Nem propagation tank, and also in a frag tank.

Chad shared a video of my first success with this on Reef Nutrition's website some years ago. For some reason they really take to the stuff. It worked with three different pairs I've had. It wasn't instantaneous, but it took less than a week each time. In all cases though the orange spots were paired, and housed by themselves in an established aquarium. I used to keep a pair in my Nem propagation tank, and also in a frag tank.
Given the less lack of success with just Otohime and OSFF, I'd say its fair to say its the top dressing.

Given the less lack of success with just Otohime and OSFF, I'd say its fair to say its the top dressing.
Well that and I caught them with little Tweezers and held them down while I put the tiny pellets in their mouths. They struggle for a while, but eventually swallow.

Back