High Tide Aquatics

You only love me because I...

...feed you.

Do your fish interact with you in ways other than to be fed?

Do you think fish are able to be playful or simply driven by instincts?

Nope. My maroon will come nip my hand if I go anywhere near its nem but other than that, they all expect food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My clownfish, blue tang, dottyback, and leopard wrasse hide when I turn off the flow.

But if the flows on, they love me.

The clownfish also bites me if I touch her anemone!

all the fish in my tank fear me, once upon a time my clownfish didn't and she would attack me (even if it meant she had to jump out of the tank) but lately they all scramble when my hand goes into the tank but I suspect that if I tried my clown goby & algae blenny won't mind eating out of my hand, they don't seem to fear the hand quite as much haha.

Inverts in my tank are used to being fed individually by baster. If you put your hand in and often just if a kid stands in front of the tank a stampede ensues of crabs, shrimp, starfish, goby. What I can't figure out is how on earth a starfish knows when I put in the baster. Smell of food in water? Sometimes they come tearing across the sand or out of the rock and grab onto the baster. Do they sense the food somehow or follow the other animals? I tested it once with an empty baster and several still came running. I think it may have had food residue inside, though. Or they just love me.

My clowns are quite territorial, if I so much as try to clean any algae near their precious "anemone" (frogspawn) they do try to nip me... luckily they're too small to really draw any blood, but still it's annoying. Meanwhile all my herbivores will come towards one corner if so much as an extra light shines near them... and they don't eat the algae I try to pull out.

What species of clown fish do you guys have? Mine (ocellaris) aren't even the slightest bit aggressive. They also don't have a host that they've claimed.

One wild oscellaris and one aqua culture. She hasn't bit me in a long time ever since her favorite anemone died.

Funny story though, Jill's black clownfish has bitten her ever since we put it in the tank. We added a small orange oscellaris, and he didn't bite her for the longest time. Then when the black one was biting Jill, the orange one copied her and bit jill too!

Back