Jestersix

New tank- beginner here 20g

Haven't had the guts to actually put anything in here other than some Petco rescue rehab patients...nobody has died and I have a 100% rehabilitation success so far. Haha seriously though, super fun hobby. Also I will post my fuge thing DIY .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8fb926d48e9badce1159ce68e8f38959.jpg

c4cc1856fc89071c58045bb19d175a36.jpg

Started in August. I need to hook up the fuge that I was told to let "season up". Didn't want to kill anything so I took it slow, got a mid low grade skimmer for a 65g on the 20g. Blenny has his caulpera and red lettuce stuff with the occasional mysis meal. Yellow Goby got kicked out by Blenny at first but then took his cave back, my man. One long tip. 3 weeks ago I Got the blood orange Clown a mellow yellow buddy. 2 cleaner shrimp, 2 red shrimp ( not sure ), 2 chocolate stars and a bunch of hermits cursing. Oh and 1 turbo snail. Its maxed out I feel and these guys will be going into a new tank, but what size ? I feel confident I won't murder anything after a learning period. Wouldn't mind any suggestions on tank sizes, thanks.

I'm not sure which clowns you got but some are pretty mean and need same species.

Chocolate chip stars are known to eat coral.

Oversizing a skimmer by a lot can lead to surging or periods of inactivity followed by periods of heavy foaming which can overflow the skimmer.

But looks pretty good otherwise.

Last edited:
I literally have not experienced any of what he said but it's good to know. Was actually wondering a good size for an upgrade. I have 2 chocolate chip stars I hand feed as I read that's how to care for them. In fact just watched cruise right over my Zoe's and nada, zero interest.

In terms of sizes for your next tank, depends on what you want to have in the tank and how much room you have for the tank. I think it comes down to whether or not you want to have more options of fish, or whether you want to focus on corals. If it's fish, then think about whether you want tangs or not. If you do then I would recommend at least 100g.

In terms of sizes for your next tank, depends on what you want to have in the tank and how much room you have for the tank. I think it comes down to whether or not you want to have more options of fish, or whether you want to focus on corals. If it's fish, then think about whether you want tangs or not. If you do then I would recommend at least 100g.

Yea I see these poor fish at the local Petco, Tangs mostly and wanted to rescue them as well haha. That's my theme, Saltwater refugees only. Since everybody is into the refugee thing. Glad I got that in there, sorry.

Back