Reef nutrition

Looking for frags/fish setting up a tank for local school in San Jose

Hi I’m setting up a tank for a local school in San Jose and they don’t have much of a budget so looking for people willing to donate a frag or two to the go cause I could also pay small fees if needed.

Hi I’m setting up a tank for a local school in San Jose and they don’t have much of a budget so looking for people willing to donate a frag or two to the go cause I could also pay small fees if needed.

What kinda frags are you looking for?
What’s the size if the tank?
What type of lighting?
Just curious as I see you just joined today how did you hear about BAR?

Last edited:
I have a massive gorgonian some areas are dead but it would be cool to Frag it up in a class teaching propagation of corals

What kinda frags are you looking for?
What’s the size if the tank?
What type of lighting?
Just curious as I see you just joined today how did you hear about BAR?
Looking for any type of corals at the moment. The tank is 120 gallon 4x2x2 currently has two radion xr30 pros, Red Sea roller mat & RSK 300 skimmer along with 2 mp40s for flow. I donated all the gear and set it up now just looking to fill it. I was purchasing some frags from a local member and was telling him what I had planned he told me to look into it and here I am .

I have a massive gorgonian some areas are dead but it would be cool to Frag it up in a class teaching propagation of corals
I would definitely be interested that was one of my plans to show students how to properly propagate coral. Show them that not all coral being sold is being removed from the ocean we can grow it in captivity and save the reefs!

I would definitely be interested that was one of my plans to show students how to properly propagate coral. Show them that not all coral being sold is being removed from the ocean we can grow it in captivity and save the reefs!
What school is it for I’m sometimes in the area and maybe could drop it off. If not I’m in San Mateo for pickup

Well, For a good cause, I have green rhodactis mushrooms maybe a few other types of mushrooms as well, a colony of pulsing zenia, neon green toadstools, duncans, zoanthids, and I have a meduim size rock of gsp.

I could contribute a little of each.

I would love to see pictures of the tank if you have any?

Last edited:
Welcome. Please tell us a little about yourself / school pictures of the class and setup. As you can see. Our members are very welcoming and love to help schools. What are your reefing plans and skills. If you become a supporting member we have frag swaps , coral workshops, equipment loan programs , etc.
there’s a lot of great resources here.

Welcome. Please tell us a little about yourself / school pictures of the class and setup. As you can see. Our members are very welcoming and love to help schools. What are your reefing plans and skills. If you become a supporting member we have frag swaps , coral workshops, equipment loan programs , etc.
I second this!!!

I will upload some photos as soon as possible will have to ask for permission to upload pictures of the kids with tank not sure if there are any issues with the legality of it but I think a permission slip should do the trick. The plans for the tank is to show the kids coral propagation, tank maintenance and having responsibilities away from home. Looking to see the glow in their eyes like I once had when my father set up his first tank, I was star struck . I currently have a 400 gallon CDA tank 3 Neptune sky’s, 3 ecotech mp40s, 2 Neptune COR return pumps, along with full apex system, trident, 3 Neptune dose dosing Alk, mag, calcium, AB+ 3rd dose is for automatic water changes, trigger systems platinum 39 sump with roller mat, Regal 200SSS skimmer here are pictures of my build.
IMG_8771.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8771.jpeg
    IMG_8771.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8772.jpeg
    IMG_8772.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8773.jpeg
    IMG_8773.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8774.jpeg
    IMG_8774.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8775.jpeg
    IMG_8775.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8777.jpeg
    IMG_8777.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8684.jpeg
    IMG_8684.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8683.jpeg
    IMG_8683.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8680.jpeg
    IMG_8680.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 38
Well, For a good cause, I have green rhodactis mushrooms maybe a few other types of mushrooms as well, a colony of pulsing zenia, neon green toadstools, duncans, zoanthids, and I have a meduim size rock of gsp.

I could contribute a little of each.

I would love to see pictures of the tank if you have any?
Thank you for considering us, I will be uploading pictures of the build as soon as possible. Let me know how we can go about getting together to make it happen.

Thank you for considering us, I will be uploading pictures of the build as soon as possible. Let me know how we can go about getting together to make it happen.
Well i'm in santa clara, I have a busy weekend ahead, and next week I go to vist Louisiana. But I'm free this evening after 5pm, as well as tomorrow. Friday through sunday i'm nit sure yet do to ny busy schedule.

Well i'm in santa clara, I have a busy weekend ahead, and next week I go to vist Louisiana. But I'm free this evening after 5pm, as well as tomorrow. Friday through sunday i'm nit sure yet do to ny busy schedule.
I've got a few digis, green slimeball anacropora, monti cap, and some others if you can make it up to Castro Valley.
I can make it out there just let me know whenever works for you. Thanks for the consideration.

Back