Cali Kid Corals

2nd group of Molly’s babies in my tank

2nd tank

Supporting Member
A couple of months ago after a tank transfer/upgrade, And I added a group of Molly’s after acclimating to full salt water over a few days as an inexpensive group that I wouldn’t to have to quarantine. I think one of the females even came and pregnant they were babies in the tank within a week the first group of babies are about 3/4 of an inch and the second group of babies from this month are about a quarter inch.
D4D97A99-75A3-481F-A2B9-F335C2C8930A.jpeg
82BE5773-F60B-48A7-A61C-E3ADD061F378.jpeg

I counted 18 babies in the last group from last week so there’s probably twice that in the tank, The mail constantly flashing at the females it’s almost too much activity for me I prefer a slow moving calm tank.

My goal is to maintain a group of 3 to 5 smaller females so I’ll have males and babies to give away every once in a while for those interested,

I acclimated some FW mollies recently for a frag/qt tank and the experiment went well initially. 1 died during the acclimation process. After I transitioned them to the frag tank, two more females died. So the sole survivor is a sailfin male and he does an amazing job at grazing and keeping things tidy. I'm surprised at how much I actually like having them in a SW setup.

How much flow can they handle?
I've had them for many years in FW setups, and they would often enjoy being right under the overflow of my HOB filters. The sailfin I have in my SW tank, finds his spots and chills out. I don't have any wavemakers in that tank though...yet. So we'll see how much it can handle soon. ;)

Back