Cali Kid Corals

3/4” Salt water born Mollies available FREE

2nd tank

Supporting Member
I introduced a group of Mollie into my reef tank after acclimating them and they are breeding. I have to maintain the herd. I have a group to share free to Bay Area reef friends. They would prefer medium to lower flow tanks.
Offering groups of 3-4 for pickup in Alameda
FAE26EF4-1671-4027-A19A-DAAFB83A43E0.jpeg

You can mix fresh and salt in the same tank?!?

New rabbit hole to head down

(Damnit. More tanks to maintain)
A few fish can live in brackish water, or water that changes salinity often, often from estuarine areas. Some of those fish can be acclimated to full-time freshwater or saltwater, mollies being a famous example.

I did this to full reef salinity with fancy guppies as well, but they require very low flow as they cannot swim fast. Perhaps they could be used in a softy nano tank.

I introduced a group of Mollie into my reef tank after acclimating them and they are breeding. I have to maintain the herd. I have a group to share free to Bay Area reef friends. They would prefer medium to lower flow tanks.
Offering groups of 3-4 for pickup in Alameda
View attachment 60345
What's your flow like? I've acclimated a bunch to approximately full salinity, and whenever I've put them in a high flow reef tank they seem to die in a day. I like the idea though and would love to be able to use them as a cleanup crew plus pest checker.

Does anyone know if these guys eat bubble algae?

I haven’t read any firsthand account of it happening yet.

I think they’re decent for picking at rockwork, mostly at hair algae, and have lots of neat color morphs, but they aren’t going to be a magic bullet.

Try emeralds or pithos?

Back