Reef nutrition

3x9 gsp

I’ll take some of it! Definitely dont need it all, thats a pretty big chunk lol. I’d be good with 2x2 or 3x3. If no one else wants it, I could probably make the whole chunk work

I kind of want to try it, because it looks so dang good.

Also just 3x3 section please :)

Just minorly worried it’ll spread to rocks because my back wall touches multiple rocks

Any tips or just keep on top of it?

Just minorly worried it’ll spread to rocks because my back wall touches multiple rocks

Xenia is my favorite coral, and GSP is high up there as well, but GSP for sure wins in the containment category.

I was thinking about doing GSP on my back wall, but I think I’m gonna try montis and/or cyphastrea instead.

Gsp is a bit hard to get off rocks, but on frag plugs/glass its super easy to peel off when using a razor

Best method is not to let it touch any rocks you don't want it on. It won't grow at the rate of xenia nor will it pop up in un intended places like Kenya trees, but grows fast compared to most coral types. It encrusts another type branches, so you can contain and predict it's growth.

I have some that ive had since i started my tank, I threw it in the grow out tank when i switched to crush coral - no way to contain it on that type of substrate. It doesn't grow over sand beds, will grow on to glass and frag racks, so keep it on it's on rock away from anything else hard and your golden. Mine has stayed on it's own rock over 3 years now.

Xenia is my favorite coral, and GSP is high up there as well, but GSP for sure wins in the containment category.

I was thinking about doing GSP on my back wall, but I think I’m gonna try montis and/or cyphastrea instead.

Gsp is a bit hard to get off rocks, but on frag plugs/glass its super easy to peel off when using a razor
Yeah I love xenia, absolutely the coolest coral to non-hobbyists with that immediate enchanting motion. Just way too fast growing for me

Best method is not to let it touch any rocks you don't want it on. It won't grow at the rate of xenia nor will it pop up in un intended places like Kenya trees, but grows fast compared to most coral types. It encrusts another type branches, so you can contain and predict it's growth.

I have some that ive had since i started my tank, I threw it in the grow out tank when i switched to crush coral - no way to contain it on that type of substrate. It doesn't grow over sand beds, will grow on to glass and frag racks, so keep it on it's on rock away from anything else hard and your golden. Mine has stayed on it's own rock over 3 years now.
At worst i imagine I can kalkwasser it off rock if it truly comes to that

Back