Kessil

A balanced diet

TheRealMadMax

Supporting Member
I have a beautiful CSB and two Haddoni carpets that happily eat a silverside every week. I’m sure they pickup a small amount of Reef Frenzy and mysis when feeding the fish. They all look super healthy, however knowing variety is the spice of life just curious what others are feeding theirs?

Attachments

• IMG_3285.jpeg
    IMG_3285.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3118.jpeg
    IMG_3118.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3210.jpeg
    IMG_3210.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 42
My Haddoni ate all the cleaner shrimp and most of the snails in my tank so I didn’t really feel the need to feed him directly. :p

I have a large magnifica, but the clowns it hosts feed it pretty regularly on my behalf, so I don’t feed that one directly either.

That would be my suggestion - get some clowns paired up to do the job for you. BUT to actually answer your question - you could give them chunks of shrimp from your freezer. That’s a common food people seem to feed them. They’ll eat pretty much anything in my experience, though!

My Haddoni ate all the cleaner shrimp and most of the snails in my tank so I didn’t really feel the need to feed him directly. :p

I have a large magnifica, but the clowns it hosts feed it pretty regularly on my behalf, so I don’t feed that one directly either.

That would be my suggestion - get some clowns paired up to do the job for you. BUT to actually answer your question - you could give them chunks of shrimp from your freezer. That’s a common food people seem to feed them. They’ll eat pretty much anything in my experience, though!

Interesting I had no idea the clowns would feed them. The CSB has two spotsynctus (sp?) hosting it it. I have a couple oscillarious that are hanging out on the wrong end of the tank so they might not even known the Haddonis are in the tank. I might need to find a way to encourage them to explore a bit more ;)

Back