Cali Kid Corals

A quick thank you

yosemiteclimber

Supporting Member
Just wanted to say a hearty THANK YOU to Tu Kieu! Swung by earlier this evening to pick up a little kenya frag, and am just happy I managed to walk away with just a small, well BIG bag (two bags!) of of goodies - if he had his way it would have been a full frag tank lol!

The love and generosity of fellow reefers never ceases to amaze me, and I will do my damndest to not only reciprocate, but to emulate and pay it forward in a similar fashion.

I only got back in to reefing a couple of years ago after a 20+ year break - and am glad I did because not only are you guys a wealth of knowledge, you’re good people and I really appreciate that.

Hey Eric! That’s me! Forgot you tell you my BAR name lol. Always happy to share frags with fellow BAR members. BAR members are even more friendly than your typical Reefer! You did me a favor by taking the frags. Glad they found a good home. Good to meet another Reefer in the East Bay. Start that Tank Journal! Would be interesting to see your process of resealing the tank! Back after 20+ years and you already have 3 tank projects, you’ll fit right in lol

Hey Eric! That’s me! Forgot you tell you my BAR name lol. Always happy to share frags with fellow BAR members. BAR members are even more friendly than your typical Reefer! You did me a favor by taking the frags. Glad they found a good home. Good to meet another Reefer in the East Bay. Start that Tank Journal! Would be interesting to see your process of resealing the tank! Back after 20+ years and you already have 3 tank projects, you’ll fit right in lol
Again, much appreciated! I’ll get the 150 tank build post rolling tomorrow, after I go pick up that OTHER tank! I suppose I should do one for that as well. Up to four tanks now… My wife is going to kill me… but that’s what she gets for going out of town and leaving me unsupervised!

You can have all of my fish stuff if I die ;)

Again, much appreciated! I’ll get the 150 tank build post rolling tomorrow, after I go pick up that OTHER tank! I suppose I should do one for that as well. Up to four tanks now… My wife is going to kill me… but that’s what she gets for going out of town and leaving me unsupervised!

You can have all of my fish stuff if I die ;)
I'm almost in the same boat I'm swaping a 15 gallon for another 32 gallon. Makes 4 salt water tanks and 2 fresh. I have extra room in the back of my suv for you if we both get kicked out the house
lmao

I'm almost in the same boat I'm swaping a 15 gallon for another 32 gallon. Makes 4 salt water tanks and 2 fresh. I have extra room in the back of my suv for you if we both get kicked out the house
lmao
I'm downsizing from a 32 to a 15, but this weekend I'm picking up two 25 lagoons so is it really a downsize...?
I was told no more setting up tanks until you consolidate two into one.. I guess the 34 will furnish the 25s and 15 with its rocks, then get torn down and given away to someone who wants it. Then the cycle begins again...
I'm excited to see what you do with the BioCube :)

I'm downsizing from a 32 to a 15, but this weekend I'm picking up two 25 lagoons so is it really a downsize...?
I was told no more setting up tanks until you consolidate two into one.. I guess the 34 will furnish the 25s and 15 with its rocks, then get torn down and given away to someone who wants it. Then the cycle begins again...
I like your math on this one haha! Not sure what the plan is with the BC, was considering grabbing what I need then clean and sell, or give away… but now I’m thinking I might replace my little office evo 13.5 with it, I wouldn’t mind freeing up the desk space! And of course more room for fish and corals ;)

I need to be careful about not having too many tank builds going at once or they’ll all suffer, because the next shiny thing will come along and then its all over for those other old, boring projects

I like your math on this one haha! Not sure what the plan is with the BC, was considering grabbing what I need then clean and sell, or give away… but now I’m thinking I might replace my little office evo 13.5 with it, I wouldn’t mind freeing up the desk space! And of course more room for fish and corals ;)

I need to be careful about not having too many tank builds going at once or they’ll all suffer, because the next shiny thing will come along and then its all over for those other old, boring projects
Oop, I definitely wasn't clear enough! I'm tearing down the BioCube to trade for Michael's IM 15! I'll have a 34g available soon if that one is of any interest to you, it's a RedSea 130d. It lacks a lid and light, but it's got a canister filter, custom stand, 2 heaters, an overflow/weir and 12g sump w/super silent return pump, but I'm not a huge fan, I don't remember to clean it every week and I couldn't bear to put anything important in it because of that. The sump would replace the canister filter I just do not have the willpower to get a sump running in my room currently.

Just wanted to say a hearty THANK YOU to Tu Kieu! Swung by earlier this evening to pick up a little kenya frag, and am just happy I managed to walk away with just a small, well BIG bag (two bags!) of of goodies - if he had his way it would have been a full frag tank lol!

The love and generosity of fellow reefers never ceases to amaze me, and I will do my damndest to not only reciprocate, but to emulate and pay it forward in a similar fashion.

I only got back in to reefing a couple of years ago after a 20+ year break - and am glad I did because not only are you guys a wealth of knowledge, you’re good people and I really appreciate that.
And welcome to BAR! That’s the experience I had and I hope as many others as possible do as well

Two lagoons!!

Back