Cali Kid Corals

a500x stopped working....

wazzupmac

Supporting Member
I'm seeing if anyone has any suggestions on what more I can do. I have 3 a500x above my tank and I noticed on Friday that 1 of the lights wasn't on.I was out of town until today so I couldn't immediately troubleshoot.

Today, I disconnected the non-functioning light and tried all of the other power cords and brick/PSU combinations. It wouldn't work at all but every other light connected regardless of which power cord/PSU combination I connected them to.

I then blasted the light with canned air to if if that could be the cause and then tried different PSU combinations and still nothing.

I sent an email to kessil@kessil.com and gave them the serial number and noted that it was a used a500x that I was inquiring about.

Is there anything else that I can try or do? I'm hoping it is a cheap (less than 1/2 price) fix or swap from Kessil but who knows.

If you're willing to do some diy, you could try opening it up and see if you can see a circuit board and if anything looks obviously weird. Uploading pics works too.

Back