High Tide Aquatics

Alameda Reefers - who are you?

@Thales Hey neighbor! You came over once as an emergency contact while I was out traveling that I told my dad to only contact if things were REAL BAD. I think you stopped by just because he miss clicked a button that turned out to be a non issue lol anyway, same place and tank only the coral have grown out quite a fair bit. Would love to be on each others lists of "if things get sketchy while away" who to reach out to and to get an appreciation of your setup. Warm regards. -Rafferty's

I am not in Alameda but out here in Concord we had a meet up a while back of people looking for the same thing as you asked....

After reading your thread I think it might be nice to have an interactive map of local BAR reefers and contacts of those who wish to join the network of possible 'fish sitter club' or whatever it would be called.

Of course, it would all be on a voluntary basis....

IMO its a good idea, not only to know people local to possibly help but also to generally meet people.

Keep in mind though I am not a good people person.

@Thales Hey neighbor! You came over once as an emergency contact while I was out traveling that I told my dad to only contact if things were REAL BAD. I think you stopped by just because he miss clicked a button that turned out to be a non issue lol anyway, same place and tank only the coral have grown out quite a fair bit. Would love to be on each others lists of "if things get sketchy while away" who to reach out to and to get an appreciation of your setup. Warm regards. -Rafferty's
Yes! You are right around the corner yeah? Let's met up soon

Am in Berkeley. I know Bolicks is here too. And I met Iani who has a dental office in El Cerrito.

Nice to know that there are a few people in East Bay!

I'm not from Alameda, but I work in Alameda and live in Castro Valley. I'd definitely be down for a meetup with some of our east bay reefers one time! I may even be able to host and fire up the smoker for some ribs and tri tip depending on when we plan it out.

Dublin here

Have we ever done tank tours? I went on one waay back in the day with a different club and it was cool to check out a couple tanks, see different ways people set up their system, get success inspiration, etc. The location map can help facilitate that.

@Chromis

I realized today that I don't know other reefers in my town, and we should know each other in case of emergencies at least!

So, who else is in Alameda? I would love to see your tanks!

I am on the east end.

:D

Rich
Sweet. I'm in Alameda over on Bayview, about a block from Otis.

Back