High Tide Aquatics

Alex’s Red Sea Reefer Nano (28-gallon)

Alexander1312

Supporting Member
Bought this tank today from @Twisted, and really appreciated all of his help getting this properly loaded into my car the advice on the plumbing.

I currently have the Red Sea Max Nano Peninsula which I feel is a terrible tank, but the footprint works in my son’s bedroom.

Since this is one of the smallest (discontinued) tanks with sump, it felt it was the best of both worlds. And I could just transfer over my Max Nano equipment.

Next steps will be to figure out the simple plumbing, which will not be simple for me (no clue how to do but got great advice).

I also bought a UV sterilizer from him, which ideally would be plumbed into this, since this is meant to take over the coral quarantine tank content from the other tank, but I would probably need help with this.

More to come but very happy with the purchase, a very solid and well maintained small tank.

Ok, hopefully, this will make progress in the next few days. I am starting to put the plumbing together. Although it is as simple as it can be, I cannot do plumbing. Will see how it goes.

The big activity however was to move the current max nano to a different side of the room to make space for this tank, and then eventually move everything from the max nano into this tank. This took half a day last weekend, lots of devices plugged into this little tank.

I have everything I need for this tank, but might need to splurge on a light, ideally used. The Red Sea LED 50 Watt has been okay to light some of the easy acros I got from the swaps, etc., but it it is the bare minimum or below. This might need to be a Reefi or so, or Kessil(?). Will see, since the other tank also needs two additional Reefis.

IMG_6788.jpeg

IMG_6790.jpeg

IMG_6789.jpeg

Back