Reef nutrition

Amino Acid is helping a mixed reef or not that much?

Alexx

Supporting Member
I've seen some videos online in regards to Amino Acid and I was wondering if I should use them or not.
I have a mixed reef with no SPS corals but I have the other type of corals and now sure how much would Amino Acid help.

Also what brand do you guy's use the Brightwell or Two Little Fishes?

I've seen some videos online in regards to Amino Acid and I was wondering if I should use them or not.
I have a mixed reef with no SPS corals but I have the other type of corals and now sure how much would Amino Acid help.

Also what brand do you guy's use the Brightwell or Two Little Fishes?
Amino acids is useful for any type of coral.
Zeovit has amino aciso for lps, how diffrent it it from their other amino acids i honestly do not know.
Before you dose such coral nutroents you need to make sure your nutrients are not elevated. While many will make the claim that their amino acids do not impact your nutrients i think they do elevate a bit

Whats ur po4 snd no3?

This is a very controversial topic. To my knowledge there is no proof that they help in any measurable way, but a lot of things are like that in this hobby. Many many reefers swear by their favorite amino acid supplement. Besides the ones you mentioned, Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ is also very popular, and includes more than just AA. I have used Red Sea A+B sometimes (the first-gen version) but I honestly couldn’t tell you if it does anything other than raise my nutrients a little.

If you have low amino acids, then adding them will help.
If you do not, then adding them will just add excess nutrients, adding to Nitrate/Phosphate problems.

How do you know .... you don't.

You can add them and see, but with so many other variables, and so little effect, it is hard to say for sure.
Most people with a reasonable number of fish being fed decently would probably not have that problem.

If you have low amino acids, then adding them will help.
If you do not, then adding them will just add excess nutrients, adding to Nitrate/Phosphate problems.

How do you know .... you don't.

You can add them and see, but with so many other variables, and so little effect, it is hard to say for sure.
Most people with a reasonable number of fish being fed decently would probably not have that problem.
For me AA definitely make a difference in coloration. And its traced easily to the AA addition. But to your point, I run system. Feed very mindfully:) so I know nutrients and AA are low in the system

What AA are you using the Red Sea AB+, From Two Littel Fishes or Brightwell?
I use zeovit. Its easy on the nutreints and almost never raise po4 snd no3. Other aa in the market were heavy on the nutrients and was lile dumping nutrients in the system.
Zevit is also doaed by drops so overdos8ng chances are low

Back