Our mission

Anybody got a birdcage?

BleepBloopMunchMunch

Supporting Member
So today I was sitting in my room working and noticed a bird outside my window that was not like the others. It was a parrot and I went outside and he was super friendly and came up to me and looked a little frightened. Kept perching out side my kitchen window trying to come in. Went I gave him some food he flew right up on my shoulder and it was very obvious this was someone’s pet. So now I have a bird in my garage, I posted on nextdoor and stuff but no bites so far so he will probably spend the night at my house. I don’t know anything about birds but I figured getting a bird cage would be a place to start. Anybody have one or any bird related paraphernalia in the East Bay?
AB01B824-8CB7-461B-BF08-F74690E54284.jpeg
4600AB1F-AE21-4933-8F14-A68D960C084A.jpeg
DD77F5A3-CF65-4795-AEE2-32661E923B8D.jpeg
B9A2FA22-B7BD-4CDB-B25C-8BDFC32E2FAD.jpeg
07B1F555-F270-4B08-A86A-6E03901D3B1C.jpeg

He’s so cute! And so lucky you were kind enough to take him in. How familiar are you with birds? Do NOT feed him avocado - it’s deadly to birds… but you probably want to pick up some parrot food at a local pet store since birds need to eat a lot and constantly. We keep chickens so unfortunately the feed and cage are inappropriate for smaller birds.

He’s so cute! And so lucky you were kind enough to take him in. How familiar are you with birds? Do NOT feed him avocado - it’s deadly to birds… but you probably want to pick up some parrot food at a local pet store since birds need to eat a lot and constantly. We keep chickens so unfortunately the feed and cage are inappropriate for smaller birds.
I am very unfamiliar with birds, luckily the one person I know who is into birds told me about the avocado thing so I have been vigilant because there are definitely avocados in this house.

So today I was sitting in my room working and noticed a bird outside my window that was not like the others. It was a parrot and I went outside and he was super friendly and came up to me and looked a little frightened. Kept perching out side my kitchen window trying to come in. Went I gave him some food he flew right up on my shoulder and it was very obvious this was someone’s pet. So now I have a bird in my garage, I posted on nextdoor and stuff but no bites so far so he will probably spend the night at my house. I don’t know anything about birds but I figured getting a bird cage would be a place to start. Anybody have one or any bird related paraphernalia in the East Bay? View attachment 31764View attachment 31766View attachment 31767View attachment 31768View attachment 31769
You look so happy together! At least the bird looks happy :)

They like to be in the shower
It will poop down your back and on lampshades
It can chew through you kitchen cabinets
That thing is a screaming flying beast with a chisel, a pick, and claws!
I hope it loves you
And you love it
If not...total nightmare

Hard to tell from the pictures, but about how big is he? I do have a couple spare cages but they may be a little small for him. Might work for the time being until you find something bigger. Birds have such an interesting personality once you get to know each other.

You have a gorgeous parrot. Is it a girl or a boy? My sister has a baby parrot, and I made a cage for him. So I can give you some advice. Make the cage perches yourself if you want to make your pet happy. Away from houses and roads, cut branches of different diameters and put them in the cage so that the lower branches don't get dirty with droppings. It is good if the branches are from fruit trees. Please do not remove the bark from the branches. The bird will do it. Be sure to scald the perches with boiling water before installation to avoid parasites infesting the bird. I found the birdseed on the platform https://trimthatweed.com/best-bird-feeder-for-cardinals/ and bought one for my sister's parrot.

Last edited:
Back