Cali Kid Corals

Anyone breeding Berghia?

The adults are each laying egg strands every day- They are actually quite delicate and pretty close up:
FF78D69C-B554-4A4E-89EF-1B45ED466A4D.jpeg

A couple juveniles from the first gen of eggs laid a few weeks ago have grown to a couple mm length now:
F0BC0F5D-A715-49D3-8F6A-43EC065E73E7.jpeg

The second larger wave of eggs laid have recently hatched and now I have hundreds of barely visible babies, fraction of a mm (they are the tiny white linear specks with tiny smaller diameter tails):
870F28B0-DEF0-4C85-9CA6-03CD87B5518F.jpeg

Dozens of egg spirals still not hatched yet...

I am, but I’m not currently selling them as I work out some frustrating kinks in the hatching-to-juvenile stage.

No worries. Maybe I can find a few stragglers in my old DT at night and start another culture. I'm starting a new system and looking to get ahead of the aiptasia this time. The 4 aiptasia eating filefish in there don't seem very interested in the aiptasias for the moment!

I became very good at breeding the nudis but they never worked effectively in my DT. Too much flow and too much aiptasia. The nudibranchs cleared out certain areas but it reached an equilibrium where the aiptasias were eating the nudibranchs faster than the nudibranchs were eating the aiptasia due to the high flow rates and high concentration of aiptasias. I think the nudibranchs could be effective in high flow as long as the concentration of aiptasias are low enough. And I know how effective they are in low flow rates.

No worries. Maybe I can find a few stragglers in my old DT at night and start another culture. I'm starting a new system and looking to get ahead of the aiptasia this time. The 4 aiptasia eating filefish in there don't seem very interested in the aiptasias for the moment!

I became very good at breeding the nudis but they never worked effectively in my DT. Too much flow and too much aiptasia. The nudibranchs cleared out certain areas but it reached an equilibrium where the aiptasias were eating the nudibranchs faster than the nudibranchs were eating the aiptasia due to the high flow rates and high concentration of aiptasias. I think the nudibranchs could be effective in high flow as long as the concentration of aiptasias are low enough. And I know how effective they are in low flow rates.
would you happen to be sfdan from RC?

IMG_6790.JPG

I got this sun god prostrata from you in October. Just wanted to say it's been growing great and is one of my favorite corals right now!

Back