Cali Kid Corals

Anyone else hit by the Oakland power outage?

konkers

Supporting Member
Glad i got this installed a couple of weeks ago!
1000000060.jpg

Flow is most important
Then heat
Last is light
Good luck
Yeah, right now I've got the return pump, powerheads, and cooling fan on. The chiller's plugged in because it's a hot day but the tank's hovering just under it's kick on threshold, likely due to the skimmer and lights no longer adding their heat to the system.

This is the River 2 model. I’ve never had to use mine thankfully but these are numbers from Telegraham. I live in an apartment so I can’t run a gas generator. But also thankfully when we do have outages in my area, they’ve never been more than a few hours.

Attachments

• IMG_0534.png
    IMG_0534.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 0
This is the River 2 model. I’ve never had to use mine thankfully but these are numbers from Telegraham. I live in an apartment so I can’t run a gas generator. But also thankfully when we do have outages in my area, they’ve never been more than a few hours.
My wife saw a commerial got crazy excited saying you gotta check this out.one of these can run our whole house i'm like that's impossible lmao.

Maybe a diesel generator on a trailer could

Took a hour of explaining that cause it can work a mircowave and a fridge it's probably for a few minutes and you can't watch tv, wash clothes, keep fridge, going, and run a window ac on it at the same time. Like the commerial impied lmao. 10 mins of ac is totally not practical.

But for one tank seems legit and useful. I stay in a apartment as well but i have a gated side yard i could put a generator in if it came to it. So maybe i should consider one. Right now i have a battey back up fish bubbler like if you go fishing. Better than nothing but not ideal.

Last edited:
With today’s technology. Battery backups are the way to go. Generators are extremely unreliable. You start it today. It may not start when you need it in a few years unless you maintain it. The gas will gum up the carb and fuel pump. It’s just a mess.

Back