Jestersix

Apex Programming TIPS

Hi All,

I had concerns about forgetting to turn pumps, etc back on after maintenance. And I was fiddling around a bit and seeing how to add this alert and was able to do it. I tested it and I wanted to share.

Add this in the EmailAlm alert configuration: If Output P2_3_RetPump = OFF Then ON

Obviously P2_3_RetPump is the name of my return pump. Replace it what yours is named.

So, what other useful programming tips do you have the share about the APEX?

I found this and it's a pretty good one too! How to create virtual outlet

Thanks!

Also have a few questions, since I can't seem to find the info elsewhere and I know we have some Neptune people on this forum...

Maximum number of modules? (Are Energy Bars considered a module?)

Maximum number of outputs? (Does this include virtual outputs?)

Maximum number of lines of code in each output? (This is mostly for the EmailAlm output)

The maximum address on the module is 49. Therefore it’s probably 49. However, I have not seen anything on maximum watts. So I’m being very judicious and spread the power load through to anything that supply the power. Such as the energy bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the answer. It’s a max 40 lines per output statement.

For the other question, assuming there’s 49 max addresses, I would assume you can max out inputs and outputs based on the number of devices. I couldn’t find an answer to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also have a few questions, since I can't seem to find the info elsewhere and I know we have some Neptune people on this forum...

Maximum number of modules? (Are Energy Bars considered a module?)

Maximum number of outputs? (Does this include virtual outputs?)

Maximum number of lines of code in each output? (This is mostly for the EmailAlm output)

Sorry for the delay it has been crazy as you all can imagine.

Depends on which Apex base unit This will be for the new Apex and Apex EL can have 49 modules, 48 custom Input/probe naming, I think the outlets is 255 but might be higher.
There is max number of program lines of 40 as you have found out.

I like that there's an Apex thread. I am looking for an easy how-to guide on optimizing my WXM module for controlling Vortech MP heads. I have my MP10s running through a mode (set using the Vortech controller) using the same reef crest mode intensity all day. I've read and seen screenshots of setups where water flow in/decreases over the day through Apex WXM. Very low at night, very strong during peak day. I figured out how to create a lighting profile long ago and suspect it's similar. But I'm stuck with the pumps.

Anyone know of a specific thread on Neptune Community or have another resource?

Check this one out:
This will let how to will allow you to change schedule and add some variability. However. I personally just downloaded a popular scheme that had the most reviews. You can download it in the individual vortech scheduling, it's on the top under "Download Schemes" and then click the Discover Tab. I adjusted it to my tank as I am running MP40s in a 55 gallon. I think they were running it at 90% but I lowered everything by 40%. The Corals has been very happy!

This is some of the additional programming I added:
I added it to the feed schedule by going to advance configuration under each individual head. Then putting this line in: If FeedA 000 Then OFF. I added one for all A-D feed schedule.

I then added it to my email alarm output.
if output Vortech_R = off then on
if output Vortech_L = off then on

Since you can manually turn off each pump still, these alarm outputs are very helpful.

If you want, I can do a quick remote session and give you a quick run down. I got 3 weeks off. LOL

Edit1:
I just wanted to add that this is probably one of the better integration that I was very impressed with. No more tinkering with the Knobs and manually programming schedules. I can only assume that their wifi module does the same thing but you can integrate this into a "apex" ecosystem and tie everything together.

Back