Neptune Aquatics

Banghai Cardinal

fishy408

Supporting Member
Getting bullied by the other 2 Banghai Cardinals. He looks a little dazed and not sure if he will make it. I was able to catch him last night and he is still alive this morning.

Those other 2 cardinals are biting the acrylic box trying to get to him. Vicious!

dibs to supporting members.

IMG_9408.jpeg

Are you able to tell if it's a male or female? You have to look up close, the male will have two little black bumps near their pelvis while a female will have one. It's more pronounced after they ate and have a full belly.

I have a long time large male that I've wanted to try and introduce a female to.

cardinalfish_genders.jpg

Looks like it could be a female but a little hard to tell from pictures. The face is also more slender compared to my male. I'll let you know if I come to the Milpitas area and can pick "her" up, but if anyone else wants to before me then feel free to.

Found a clearer pic online of what a male looks like.
banggai-1-jpg.671567

Are you able to tell if it's a male or female? You have to look up close, the male will have two little black bumps near their pelvis while a female will have one. It's more pronounced after they ate and have a full belly.

I have a long time large male that I've wanted to try and introduce a female to.

cardinalfish_genders.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5974.jpeg
    IMG_5974.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 34
Sorry for your loss @fishy408

In happier news, @B the Nano Reefer saw this post and had me double check that the bangaii he was looking to re-home was indeed a female. Happy to say that my 4 year old bull male took a liking to her. They follow each other everywhere and she'll occasionally nuzzle and shimmy around him.

Lol at the size difference between a 4 year old vs a 1 year old
1000006621.jpg

I currently have two that are hanging out together. Can I assume they are female/male? Are there specific behaviors to look out for? thanks! Picture of the pair bullying the third wheel.

banghai2.png

Back