High Tide Aquatics

Beach Vacations

I need some recommendations for some nice beach getaways in the U.S. (international too expensive) for me and gf's bday.

Just need nice, warm, clean beaches that don't get too crowded, empty would be best. Not really into clubbing or partying at night. I like adventuring outdoors, no touristy indoor stuff or historic stuff. Just chill mostly.

Been to Maui a few times, and Oahu a few times. How is the big island?

Or maybe Florida? I want to stay away from Miami, unless there are quiet uncrowded spots. Oil spill an issue at all? I heard some places are willing to give you a refund if oil shows up at the beach?!

Haven't been to the big island but Kauai is absolutely beautiful. Very chill...and empty beaches. *cough* I wonder why ;) jk

iCon said:
Haven't been to the big island but Kauai is absolutely beautiful. Very chill...and empty beaches. *cough* I wonder why ;) jk
+1
http://www.kauaivacationrentals.com/static/363.html
we stayed here.
Matches your description.

zepplock said:
Kauai North Shore. Airfares could be expensive now, unless you score last minute tickets.

I tried the last minute ticket thing and prices ended up going from 500 rt to 900 rt... :X So fail...

iCon said:
zepplock said:
Kauai North Shore. Airfares could be expensive now, unless you score last minute tickets.
I tried the last minute ticket thing and prices ended up going from 500 rt to 900 rt... :X So fail...

Unfortunately there are very few big resorts on the North Shore so no hotel/tickets deals.
You can try the South Shore as well and just drive to North shore a couple of times and snorkel there.

Here are some pics from Kauai, this summer: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zepplock/sets/72157624174162361/

HI airlines has some tix up for cheap $162 one way (SFO - HNL) depending on the dates you choose. Not sure how much inter-island fare is though.

I've never been to Kauai or Big Island but it's as country as it gets. And thats coming from my cousins who live on Oahu. :D

I haven't been having much luck with last minute fares lately. Went to Costa Rica last month - great beaches north pacific! Taca airlines may be best deal from SFO to SJ CR.

Jbon said:
I haven't been having much luck with last minute fares lately. Went to Costa Rica last month - great beaches north pacific! Taca airlines may be best deal from SFO to SJ CR.

Taca through San Salvador, featuring "monkey pastrami" sammies as I dubbed them, they are sure cool with the drinks, not stingy at all!!

Back