High Tide Aquatics

Bird wrasse

Reef nutritions tdo is the only pellet anyone should be using anymore. Stuff is AWESOME
I like TDO and use it too, but since you feel so strongly about it, what specifically about TDO makes you say it’s so much better than everything else? It says store refrigerated, which makes it at least a little less convenient than other respected pellets out there.

Also, worth noting there are many different sizes of TDO, I don’t have the experience to know what is the best size for this fish in particular.

Feed nori...

For vacations they’ll be fine without.

Or just have a really dirty tank that’s growing algae for them to eat [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I don’t use nori, I find it annoying and don’t like to take off the kids and put my hands in.
Also, I like automated feeding as much as possible. That’s why I use veggie based pellets, although I have 5 xl tangs...
I mix with regular pellets for my Anthias and other fish. Most seems to eat both, but my Achilles will not eat the regular pellets and hunts down the algae max pellets specifically.

I like TDO and use it too, but since you feel so strongly about it, what specifically about TDO makes you say it’s so much better than everything else? It says store refrigerated, which makes it at least a little less convenient than other respected pellets out there.

Also, worth noting there are many different sizes of TDO, I don’t have the experience to know what is the best size for this fish in particular.

Mainly it’s the only pellet food I’ve ever fed that the fish actually eat. All others I’ve tried have failed to get anyone eating.

Plus I like to be able to buy large sized bags and refrigerate to save on costs.

Plus club sponsor.

Plus Chad is awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: JVU
I don’t use nori, I find it annoying and don’t like to take off the kids and put my hands in.
Also, I like automated feeding as much as possible. That’s why I use veggie based pellets, although I have 5 xl tangs...
I mix with regular pellets for my Anthias and other fish. Most seems to eat both, but my Achilles will not eat the regular pellets and hunts down the algae max pellets specifically.

I will probably try the algae max pellets mixed next time I make an order. I have tried other pellets and no one eats them though.

And I use the two little fishes clip. No hands in tank.

Thanks for all the tips - much appreciated. The automatic feeder is in place and the bird wrasse is in the DT eating pellets with gusto. After some minor scuffles with the Tusk, peace reigns again.

Back